This is my first time participating in Bloggerstock, and I just think it's the coolest thing ever. Miss Allison is guest posting on my blog today, and I will be guest posting here for TbR. Check out the Bloggerstock Website to see more about what it's all abouttt!
And now, it is my pleasure to present Allison!
*********************************************
And now, it is my pleasure to present Allison!
*********************************************
Hi! I’m Allison from My Quarter-life Crisis (not a very original blog title, I know) and this is my second Bloggerstock experience and I’m super stoked to be posting for StarGazer today. Bloggerstock is a blog swap project where each blogger posts on the name that comes after them – forming a ring. When I first saw the topic: “The Story of What is on your Desk” I knew immediately that this post was going to have to be photo based. My desk is basically The Island of Misfit Toys meets Office Space meets a hipster book club meeting. My desk is super cluttered! Gone are the days of actually using it as a workspace.
So let’s get right to it, shall we…
To your left is a CD rack – which actually doubles as a lamp. It’s not plugged in and it’s covered in dust. Next to that is a peg-leg sailor statue from Newfoundland, Canada. My parents went there a few years back and when they asked what I wanted I said, “I want a peg-leg sailor statue.” My mom thought it was weird and that it would be hard to find. To her surprise, and mine, she found him (and another). Love it. Next to that is an old photo of my grandfather. He passed away a few years ago and I saw this photo and knew I had to have a copy.
This photo features a mini Champaign bottle full of flags (city of Montreal flag, the Scottish Standing Lion, and The Union Jack). In front of it is an old paper doll called “Dianne.” She was found in the wall in our basement and I’ve had her since I was little. There’s also a fedora that I wore one New Year’s and a tiny book the shape of a cube.
When I was in University, for Professional Writing, I was told it was important to have a variety of dictionaries. While my huge Canadian Oxford isn’t pictured here – these handy pocket dictionaries are. The old one was my grandma’s – which I think is very cool.
I’m a huge book lover and collector. My cheap Ikea desk might collapse someday from the weight.
These are my Dave Eggers’ books (most of them anyways). He’s one of my favourite writers and I also admire his views on traditional publishing. All McSweeney’s (his imprint) books are beautiful – bound in cloth and leather. There’s also a book there by David Sedaris – another hero of mine.
Lastly, every blogger must have writing implements! Sometimes you just gotta kick it old school and write on pen and paper. I’m always writing down ideas by hand.
Thank you for reading! Check my blog for a post by another fine blogger on the same subject! http://websterslaw.blogspot.com/






I'll be the first to comment and say Thank You!
ReplyDeleteno, thank you Allison!! :)
ReplyDeleteFound your blog on 20SB. I am another one of the 'honest bloggers'!
ReplyDeleteI need to look at what Bloggerstock is - looks interesting :)