Instead of writing an entirely new list, I want to keep the original one, but just make changes accordingly. You can view my original list here.
1. My name is Kelly Marie.
2. My name was chosen by my mom's first husband, when she was 18. She divorced at 19 and married my father when she was 27. She stuck with my name all those years.
3. My parents divorced when I was 10, after 11 unhappy years of marriage. I always hear other people say they're sad their parents divorced, but I couldn't have been happier as a kid to see them split.
4. I have one little sister, Katie. I despised her when we were younger, she annoyed me to the core. At this point in life, she and I pretty much have nothing in common, and don't speak unless we are talking about how much our stepmother annoys the bejeezes out of us.
5. I'm a big family person, I get giddy when I know all of my cousins and aunts and uncles are getting together. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for this reason.
6. I'm a big homebody. I like the comfort of being in my own area.
7. I can also be very social, but usually only comfortable in groups where I know the majority of the people.
8. I get bad anxiety when I'm around a lot of people I don't know, especially in party settings. I clam up and get very shy. I have gotten a lot better with talking to people I don't know, but that feeling still comes out every now and then.
9. My favorite color is purple.
10. At one point I had a purple purse, purple wallet, and purple phone all at once.
11. I frequently wear black clothing. Not because I'm goth or anything, but because it makes me look thinner.
12. If I see an article of clothing that I like but I don't like the color, I'll buy it anyway and use RIT dye to change the color. I even dyed my down comforter which at this point has been dyed about 5 different colors It's now a dark eggplant purple. No, I don't want a new comforter, I'm seriously attached to this one and will keep it as long as there are still feathers in it.
13. I love to paint, and decorate. These go hand in hand a lot of the time, in the past I have painted some of my lamp shades, some lamp stands, a table, and various other things around my house.
14. I have big plans for when I actually have a house of my own. My mailbox will either be painted or covered in mosaic tiles, my front porch steps will be covered in mosaic tiles, and I've been planning out some murals and things I want to paint in the house. Every room will have a touch of me.
15. I've been doing hair for 7 years now, and I am so lucky to have found a profession that I am both good at, and also it has become a passion of mine. I absolutely LOVE what I do.
16. I worked in two different salons in my career (the second one being only just recently), and I also was self employed with it for a year. I went to my clients' homes to do their hair. The money was so much better, and I loved getting even that much closer to a lot of my clients (you'd be surprised how much they open up to you when you're in their kitchen). They also usually fed me and kept my shot glass/wine glass/ beer bottle full. It was a blast. I think I will eventually go back to working from home.
17. Before I started doing hair, I sold insurance. My entire family sells insurance, but at the age of 18, it definitely wasn't on my top list of choice careers. In fact, I came home crying my eyes out one day because of how much I hated it. That was the day I made the decision to go to hair school.
18. Since I have recently moved to Richmond (2 hours away from home) I decided to go back into the salon since I don't have a clientele here. I am building one quickly though, and I love working with all new people. Not that I don't miss my old clients (in fact I still travel back home once a month to keep up with a lot of them... the special ones haha) but I love meeting new people and hearing new stories.
19. Romantically, I'm completely hopeless. Ive had a whole mess of relationships and dating stories that are so bad, they're hilarious, and I long to just find someone to settle down with and come home to.
20. Since I was about 19, I've identified myself as being a lesbian. I have had mindful slip ups a couple of times, wondering if maybe I'm looking for love in the wrong place, but they are always thoughts that are very short lived. I know who I am, and I know I love women, inside and out.
21. When I was younger, I was more free with myself and my love life, but I've gotten much more conservative with myself and my sexual behavior through the years. I don't overly enjoy emotionless sex anymore, it's just not worth it to me these days. I'd much rather wait until there's something there, something worth celebrating.
22. And having said that! Let me say this. I love sex and everything about it. I think a good sexual appetite is healthy and a part of a normal healthy life, as long as you're not hurting anyone. I'm just more protective of my hoo-hoo these days. Or maybe it's that I'm more protective of my heart.
23. I've been living in the same town that I grew up in, all my life (up until December of last year), and I no longer talk to one person that I went to high school with. For the most part, I was never a fan of the kids I went to school with. I went to the 'rich' high school, with a lot of snobby and mean kids, and there were a lot of drugs. I never felt that I fit in, and grew up thinking I wasn't good enough because I didn't fit in with these kids. High school was the worst 4 years of my life.
24. To be completely honest, I sometimes still get that old feeling back of thinking I'm not 'cool' or good enough. It all stems from where I grew up. But I then remind myself that I've made completely new friends and lasting friendships based on who I am now. But there's still that feeling sometimes when I meet someone new, that shy feeling of wondering if they'll think I'm worth their time.
25. Despite that feeling, I'm confident in myself in a lot of things, and it apparently shows. A good friend of mine told me this a couple months ago, that she wishes she were as confident as I am. I was completely surprised when she said this. But the older I get, I know myself better, and I'm getting more confident in myself with that knowledge.
26. I'm very close with my mom, and if it weren't for her, I would have probably moved away from the hometown much sooner.
27. As I said, I moved to Richmond, VA in December of last year. I've been asked a lot from new clients why I moved away from the beach, and they are always surprised to hear that I hated it there, and should have moved away a long time ago. I've wanted to move away from there for such a long time, but I was always too scared to make the change. I'm so glad I did now.
28. I didn't used to be close with my dad, but over the past few years we've gotten worlds closer. I'm so happy for this. He's very supportive of me, my career, and my art, and he was the one to push me to move to Richmond. He said that he knows I'm just like him, with a gypsy soul, I just needed to follow my heart. I did, I am. <3
29. He raised us on his music, which makes me a music snob. Musically, I was definitely born a few decades too late. The Beatles were the all time favorite, and my sister and I are going to be getting tattoos for it. They're meant to be 'sister' tattoos. Hers will say "All You Need Is Love," and mine will say "Love Is All You Need." We're trying to talk my dad into paying for them, but it's going to take some more coaxing. He's not totally excited about tattoos haha.
30. I'm only to number 30, and I need a break. I'm gonna do some painting. One of my favorite movies is Across the Universe, and I just turned it on when the 'strawberry fields forever' scene was playing. He's flinging paint all over the room during this song, and it always makes me wanna paint. Will return and finish this later!
31. I totally and completely believe in karma.
32. I was raised Christian, but don't agree with it. To be honest, I never have. I hated going to church when I was young. In my teenage years, I went just for the purpose of making friends, and I even kissed my first boy in church. After high school, I joined the music team at our church, just so that I could sing on stage, not for the purpose of praising God. It was never about that for me. I don't go to church anymore, except on Christmas, just out of respect for my mother, and for the sake of tradition. But this past Christmas I didn't go. So I officially havent been to church in over a year, and it really doesn't bother me at all.
33. I don't agree with organized religion. For the most part, the people that I've come into contact with who claim to be devout Christians are the people who end up excusing themselves from punishment for less than respectable behavior.
34. I think that life is about being a good person, no matter what your faith. This is where karma comes into play.
35. I get emotional over silly things, and stay pretty calm during actual big things. For instance, I cry sometimes when people win things on The Price Is Right. I get so excited I guess, just to see other people that happy and excited. No, I'm not kidding, I couldn't make this up if I tried. On the other hand, when my grandma passed away, I was really calm and collected when my uncle told me the news. I was a mess at the funeral, but it took a few days for it to sink in, and for me to shed the tears.
36. Back to the religion issue, I see myself being much more spiritual than religious. To me, it's something very personal. I feel overwhelmed and thankful for my life here when I feel at one with nature, if that makes any sense. All I need is a sunny day on the beach listening to the sound of the waves, or to see a rainbow, or feel the breeze through my hair, and I'm all set. I can just look up at whatever's up there, if there is something up there, and feel nothing but beautiful and lucky and healthy.
37. I'll use this number... because it's sort of my lucky number. My lucky number is actually 137. Yes, i know it's odd, and the story behind it is kinda funny. It was my first school bus number when I was in first through third grade. My bus driver, Ms. Pat, had a full stereo system installed in the bus, and would blast music the whole way home everyday. We all had so much fun on that bus, and the number has just always stuck with me. Whenever I happen to look at the clock and it says 1:37, chances are I'm having a great day.
38. I have a habit of starting books and not finishing them. I've gotten so much better about this, and have made it a point to finish the books I'm reading (with some exceptions of course. but what are ya gonna do...)Right now I have two books 'started'.
39. I absolutely hate doing laundry. I can do any kind of chore around the house with a smile on my face, but just not laundry.
40. I can't walk in high heels. I look ridiculous, and usually end up tripping on something. I have actually tripped in my old salon while wearing heels, and of course it was while I was walking up to introduce myself to a new client... and about 3 feet away from shaking their hand, I hit the ground. hahaha... oooooh memories.
41. I'm totally unorganized with money. As a hairstylist, I get cash tips handed to me often, and usually just stuff them in my pocket. While I was just doing the dreaded laundry, I found $40 in the dryer.
42. I absolutely hate any kind of clicking, beeping, or any other kind of annoying noises. Repetitive noises are like nails on a chalkboard to me. It became an ongoing joke in my old salon, and my coworkers would click pens or tap the front desk in an effort to get a rise out of me. I literally flip out and I can't even help it. haha.
43. It has come to my recent attention that when something annoys me, the noises or otherwise, I immediately say 'STOP IT!' in a tone that is about an octive higher than my normal voice. I was never actually aware that I did this on a regular basis, until we were playing a drinking game at the neighbor's house. We were playing drunken jenga (my friend and I wrote funny drinking game things on each piece of the jenga game, and you have to pull one piece out, complete the task, and then stack it on top, like regular jenga) and one of the pegs she pulled said 'impersonate the person to your left'. I was to her left, and she immediately started screaming 'STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!' really loud and high pitched. I looked at her like... huh? and of course everyone started laughing, because it was completely accurate.
44. I love tomatoes, but hate red sauce.
45. I love cooking, but hate going to the grocery store.
46. Actually I hate any type of shopping, but this comes much more into play when I'm with other people for clothes shopping. If I'm there with them while they are shopping and I'm not, it's fine. But if I'm there with other people and I'm shopping too, I hate it because I feel rushed. I don't know. I just prefer it by myself.
47. I especially hate going to the mall. I hate the crowds, and all the fluorescent lighting, I get an instant headache anytime I go in there.
48. I can be a procrastinator. Probably why this post is taking me so long to complete, even though I know I want to.
49. I have a guitar, but don't know how to play it, and really want to. Someone needs to get me guitar lessons or something. I'd do it if someone else paid for it haha.
50. I did ballet for eight years when I was younger. My biggest regret in life is quitting. I was always the youngest girl in all my classes, was very advanced for my age. But when my parents got divorced, we moved to the other side of the city so my mom couldn't drive me to my ballet academy as often as I had been going, so I had to try to find another academy near me. Even at 12 years old, I was too advanced for any school that my mom gave me the option of going to, so I quit. I wish I had just stuck with it until I was old enough to drive myself to the good school. My teachers at the good school had danced in ballet's all over Europe, and were from Italy. Nothing like anything you'd find here.
51. I also used to play the piano when I was younger. But I quit that because my piano teacher was a creepy old lady that lived in our neighborhood. I hated going to her house for lessons. I would like to start playing again though.
52. When I was in middle school, the movie "Titanic" had just come out and was really big. I was in the chorus and of course, we sang the Titanic song. I played the piano for the song while the chorus sang it. I know how to read music, but when I'm playing a song, I play it from memory. I'll only check in with the actual music on front of me if I'm still learning the song, but I never follow it note for note. We performed this 3 times during school hours for the different grades, and then the big performance was at night.
53. During the big performance at night, the auditorium was completely filled with all of our parents and friends that decided to come. My hands were a little shaky, and in the middle of the song, I forgot where I was in the song. I completely froze, and the whole chorus turned around to stare at me along with the whole auditorium of people. I had to flip through pages of music to figure out where I was while the whole room was silent and staring at me. Finally found my place about 30 seconds later (it felt like an hour) and finished the song out. We got a standing ovation hahaha.
54. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's the big holiday in my family for us all to get together. Everyone in my family can cook, and we all pitch in. It's always the absolute best meal of the year. Oh and we are never without bottles and bottles of wine.
55. I was a vegetarian for a year. I quit when Thanksgiving came around. Maybe I'm weak, or maybe our turkeys are always just that good.
56. I want to become a vegetarian again. I've cut out red meat again recently, and am thinking about cutting out poultry soon.
57. If I wasn't a hairstylist, I'd probably never do my hair. I mean I still love getting it colored (I usually at least retouch it myself like once a month) but it's funny that I actually think that I wouldn't pay for it to get done. And yeah... I charge other people for something I wouldn't pay for. haha....
58. I like my hair to be curly and messy and even a little frizzy sometimes. Very anti-hairstylist. I'd never style any of my clients to have hair like mine haha. Everyone wants their hair to be straight and smooth. I think that's boring, on me anyway.
59. I like big jewelry. The dainty stuff was never for me.
60. I'd rather have jewelry that's big and fake, rather than small and 'real'. I'd be happy with cubic zurconia for my engagement ring, as long as it's my style. Or actually... I want a big ole' amethyst lol.
61. I don't like spiders, but I love snakes.
62. I saw the second Lord of the Rings movie before I saw the first.
63. I'd wear flip flops everyday if I could.
64. I'm not a sweets person. I really have to be in the mood for something sweet, but I don't usually crave sweet things. It's probably because I'm just so sweet already. Yeah, I said it.
65. My weakness is pasta with any kind of cream sauce. MMMMmmmmm...
66. I very rarely follow trends in clothing. I especially hate those shoes that are 'in' right now. The flat ones with the straps that go up around your ankle. I don't think they're flattering on anyone.
67. I value my alone time. I may have already said something like this, but there's no one in my house today and I'm totally loving it.
68. My maternal grandfather's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I've never been that close with him. I don't get emotional about it until I see my mom get emotional about it, then my heart aches. I hate to see that woman hurting.
69. I'm not a fan of video games. I think people should spend more time outside, or with an actual hobby, like they used to way back when.
70. As of 9-8-09, I'm an auntie for the first time. My step brother and his wife just had a beautiful baby boy, Logan David.
71. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor. It sometimes takes a while for people to get used to. One of my exes said that for the first month we knew each other, she thought I was just a major bitch, rather than a total softy with a slick sense of humor.
72. I used to want to go to nursing school, but I don't think I could handle it. I can handle blood and all that, but the site of broken bones literally makes me weak and nauseous. I also don't think I could deal with seeing people die right in front of me.
73. I love the smell of haircolor (well some of it). I love how I can smell it all day after I get my hair colored. I know, it's weird.
74. I'd much rather be freezing than too hot. I absolutely hate sweating, it makes me feel disgusting. Unless I'm working out, that's different. You know what I mean.
75. But! only because there's an exception to every rule, I love going in saunas (as long as there's a cool pool or shower to jump into after). But after all is said and done, my skin always feels so clean after sitting in a sauna, cuz it purges all the impurities from your pores. Love it.
76. I hate it when my skin doesn't feel super smooth on my face. I scrub my skin with one of those shower gloves everyday to get the dead skin off. Even if I miss one day of doing this, my skin feels gross to me.
77. I was always the only person I knew that hated sweet tea, so I always just thought that I hated tea. For the first time, I tried unsweetened tea about a 6 months ago, and now it's my favorite drink. Turns out I just hated how sweet it was haha.
78. I hate ketchup by itself, but I love ketchup and mayo mixed together. This is the best dipping sauce for anything that you'd normally just dip in ketchup.
79. I'm a very touchy feely and affectionate person. I love touching and giving hugs to everyone and cuddling with those I'm close with. I even hug a lot of my clients.
80. I read the book "The 5 Love Languages" and realized that 'physical touch' and 'quality time' are the two biggest ways that I feel loved and give love to others.
81. I'm a taurus, and my sign is pretty much dead on accurate with who I am.
82. Whenever I start dating someone, I find out what their sign is, and go to Astrologyzone.com to see if we're compatible. So far, that site has also been dead on accurate. Three exes were geminis (who I'm supposed to not be compatible with) and that site pretty much told me all the reasons why we wouldn't work out as a couple. It was exactly those reasons why we didn't work. I haven't always believed in astrology, I mean it's silly if you think about it, but yeah, I'm listenin now.
83. I have a strong need to feel self sufficient, but also a need to feel taken care of when I'm in a relationship.
84. My year! I was born in 1984.
85. My favorite man in the whole world is Bailey, my old man cat. I've had him since I was 10. He still lives with my mom, goin on 17 years old now, but everytime I go home he still remembers me and won't leave me alone. He's white so I'm usually covered in white fur within minutes of being home.
86. I'm definitely a cat person. I like dogs too, but would prefer to always have cats around. I just love their attitudes and quirkiness, and they also smell 10 times better. I love the smell of cat breath.
87. The sound of a cat purring always calms me down, especially if i'm cuddling with the kitty and I can actually feel the purr. One of my simple joys in life.
88. I'm not into sports or athletics, but I love going to football and baseball games. I just love the atmosphere and being with that many people cheering something on. So much fun. But I'll never be able to actually follow a game haha.
89. When I started hair school, my hair was halfway down my back. When I got out of hairschool, it was up near my chin. If you want to keep your long hair, don't go to hair school. This scenario happened to EVERY SINGLE girl in there. Not one girl got out with long hair.
90. When it comes to politics, I'm very liberal when it comes to social issues. Extremely liberal with social issues. But I also truly believe that everyone should have to work for what they have or want.
91. I definitely believe in abortion, and think that it's the right thing to do in some cases. I had one when I was 18, and it was the best decision I ever made. It definitely was difficult to deal with, but I wouldn't change that decision.
92. I go back and forth with the idea of having kids. If I do, I know I'll be a strict parent, and now that I'm older, I understand why my mom was strict as well.
93. I love to knit, but all i know how to do are scarves lol. yep, just the one straight line.
94. I'm obsessed with sudoku.
95. I paint constantly, and if I could have a sure thing for making money off of my paintings, I would probably just do that. I get commissioned for doing paintings all the time (have 3 to do right now) but it's never consistent.
96. I really like to spread out when I sleep. If I sleep in the same bed with you, we must be pretty close. This isn't because I'm stingy about who I sleep next to, it's because there's a good chance you'll have one of my arms or legs on top of you by morning.
97. I like my room to be really cool when I sleep. That way I can cuddle up in my big comforter. I have a fan on year-round, I don't care how cool it is outside.
98. I also don't wear any clothes to bed. I must move around a lot when I sleep because if I'm wearing clothes, I wake up with them all twisted around me and tight. I hate that. So if I'm sleeping next to someone I can't be naked around, chances are I'll wake up a few times during the night to have to situate my clothing.
99. I hate the song 99 red balloons. Or at least one version of it that has this girl singing with a really high pitched voice. It's not the original, but it sometimes plays in the salon and I cringe every time and tell our receptionist to go to the next song. ick.
100!!!! Wow I made it. I actually finished this. It only took 4 separate sittings to do it. I'll have to make this last one a real humdinger. Ok here goes: I have really big boobs but really small nipples. hahaha. Apparently, they're pretty hot. My last ex actually even asked me if I'd show my boobs to her sister who is also gay, just because she was so impressed with them. Yay me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!