Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ok, time for a smile.

So I promised details on new events a couple posts ago, so here we are.  The first thing was that I was talking to someone new who was peeking my interest.  Well my peek flat out dropped hahaha.  Had a date with her last sunday, and we had fun meeting up in a city that was between us, went to a couple museums, walked under a bridge and explored, and then out of no where before we're about to head to the dinner restaurant, she seriously attacks me with a really inappropriate first kiss.  With all the messes of my past, I'm really just realizing that there are things that I want, and that I shouldnt settle for less.  And damnit, I want to have a really romantic and amazing first kiss.  I've had one really great first kiss.  We'd had a good share of drinks between us, and decided to go down to the beach at night to sit on a blanket that I always keep in the back of my car, and listen to the waves.  I remember rambling on and on because I was tipsy and nervous, and she just put her hand on the back of my neck, caught my attention, looked me right in the eyes, and said "honey, shush, why don't you just kiss me?"  and I fell right into it, and it was passionate and soft and magical and delicious and sexy and perfect.  I want another moment like that.  So when I'm getting settled in my driver's seat after walking in the rain, looking down to put my seatbelt on, and you pretty much bump my head as you swallow my face with no warning...  that's just not gonna cut it.  Sorry babe.  At 34, you should know by now how to go in for a kiss.  And then the rest of the evening was just awkward.. and then the next day I was bombarded with texts saying that I'm rude and that I'm being short with her.  And I even ended up blowing off a friend that night when she was going to a concert that I would have really enjoyed. 

So ya know what?  I've decided that this summer is going to be mine.  I stayed single all through last summer, and it was the best summer I'd had in years.  I just had fun with my friends, and it was everything I could have needed or wanted.  I've made some new friends over the past year, reconnected with older ones, and I've already had a few crazy random nights of fun this summer. When something is meant to happen, it will. 
And more importantly, I really just need to concentrate on building up my business.  I met with a financial planner last week, and it was honestly the best meeting of my life.  I have never felt more like I'm on the right track.  I'm excited to see my progression in the next year, even just this summer.  I'm really getting my shit together, and it's making me really happy and proud of myself.  Things are even getting better at home, and I'm not feeling as hounded lately.  I had to have a serious talk with my mom about how she needs to just back off instead of wanting to control and 'help' me every minute.  I'm a big girl, and I can handle it, but no one flourishes while being micro-managed by their mother.  The stepdad is learning to shut it too, and is being much more respectful of me.  Good things.

I'm ecstatic that it's summer.  It's just a whole new feeling in the air, and I'm really feeling good about life right now.  Here's to a great summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!