Thursday, October 14, 2010

100 Things About Me-2010

Ok here we go, I'm thinking I'm gonna try to do this every year.  Here's a new list of 100 things about me, read my list from Sept 2009 HERE.  I might end up repeating some things, but this is meant to be an update.  I dunno, we'll just see what happens.  :)

1.  My last name is Jones.  Yep... one of the many.

2.  I hate that my name is so plain.  I think no matter what my first and middle names were, my name would still sound plain and common.

3.  I have a habit of using my middle name whenever I'm writing my name... I have my full name on my business cards.  I never actually go by my middle name, or even both first and middle together, but my name just looks too short and plain to me without it.

4.  I used to dream of the day I could get married just so I could change my name lol.  I don't think like that anymore, I'm proud to be a member of my family, and take pride in my name.  But the looks of it on paper just looks too plain for my taste.  I think the only way I would change my name now, marriage or not, is if I had kids.  I'd hyphenate my name with my partners, so that the baby could have the same last name as me.  Or a variation of sorts.  haha.   

5.  Speaking of babes, at this point in my life, I don't think it would be the worst thing if I didn't reproduce.  I have friends now that have kids, and see how much they have changed and how much their lives have changed, it's all too much for me to consider to be a good thing.  Maybe when I'm settled in a relationship, like EXTREMELY settled I might think otherwise, but right now I just can't see raising kids as being a part of my life. 

6.  anddddd thennnn I look at my baby pictures, and other peoples' babies and baby pictures... and I totally rethink everything lol.  I think it will just depend on who I end up with.  I would never consider having kids on my own.

7.  I still daydream all the time, but it's much more about just finding my partner for life, rather than a partner and kids. 

8.  I zone out a lot.  This is pretty much just daydreaming, but I've come to realize that I will zone out when I'm not interested in something, even if it's someone talking to me.

9.  I probably do this the most with my sister, and she has made it very apparent that it pisses her off.  But I can't help it.  The girl does not shut up, and is often talking everyone's ears off about stuff that we don't care about, or about people that we don't know.  It's turned into a family joke, but sometimes she makes it known how much my zoning gets to her. 

10. I have also realized over the past year that my sister and I might never be as close as I'd hope to be with a sister.  She and I are just too different.

11.  She and I get along fine when we see each other, but we are not involved in each others' lives outside of family get togethers.  I wonder if this will ever change.  People used to tell me that we would become closer when we were older, but I just don't see it happening. 

12.  We got in such a major fight over christmas last year that we didn't even talk for the first few months of this year.  During that time, it didn't even up feeling all that different than we usually do, since we don't ever really talk.  My mom ended up paying for me to send my sister flowers to try to break the ice, even though it was clear that it was my sister's stubborn attitude that was the reason for us not talking.  I guess I'll always be the one who is expected to be the mature one.

13.  This year has become a really bad year for insomnia for me.  I don't remember ever having this much trouble sleeping.

14.  The insomnia got so bad at one point that I was literally up until I could hear the birds chirping outside before I could go to sleep.  I am thinking that it has something to do with the stress of living back at home with my mom. 

15.  I am much more like my dad than I ever realized.  I used to think that I was more like my mom, but my cousin pointed it out to me a few months ago, that he thinks I'm so much like my dad.  I am starting to agree, we seem to both have the same outlook on life, a strong need to enjoy life for all that it's worth. 

16.  I have to use Q-tips after every shower.  If I don't, I will feel like I have water in my ears all day.  Ok maybe not all day, but enough to annoy the crap out of me for a while. 

17.  I have an obsession with Chelsea Handler.  I have all 3 of her books, and think that she is an absolute genius when it comes to comedy.  I have never read a book make me laugh OUT LOUD so hard.

18.  If my dog Daisy is near me when I'm eating, I always give her the last bite of whatever I'm eating.  She is the sweetest and most well behaved dog ever, but she knows I'm a sucker hehe.

19.  I think that The Office and Friends are the two greatest comedy shows ever made.  I have seen every episode of both shows, many times, and it will never get old.

20.  As far as dramas, Six Feet Under is at the absolute top of my list.  That is another show that I could repeatedly watch over and over.  It's just amazing, and I was so sad when it ended.  But, the ending was epic, and I cried like a baby.

21.  My new favorite guilty pleasure show is Jerseylicious.  I refuse to watch Jersey Shore, but Jerseylicious is reality gold lol.

22.  I have a habit of leaving bobby pins wherever I go.  They're like my fairy dust.  :)

23.  I decided to leave the salon I was working in for 4 years back in December of last year.  It was my time to move on, but it was a very difficult decision to come to.  I miss my salon family, but I don't miss the minimal compensation.

24.  When I told my bosses that I was leaving, the wife (husband and wife team own the salon) burst into tears and had to leave the room.  I balled like a baby, and could hardly get my words out to say why I had to go. 

25.  When I told them that I was going to be doing hair from home, going to my clients' homes to do their hair, the husband told me that it was completely tacky and rolled his eyes, and then I remembered immediately why I was leaving the salon.  I will always love that man and appreciate everything that he taught me, but I will never be ok with a man putting me down, no matter how much he thinks I owe him. 

26.  The next day, the wife asked me to stay on at the salon for one day a week.  I ended up doing that for the next few months, but eventually it just wasn't worth my while.  Like I said, I miss the salon family, but I'm glad that I found the courage to move on and do what was best for me.

27.  Since then, I have been a traveling hairstylist, and I've had a blast.  I go to my clients' homes to do their hair, and they often feed me dinner and/or drinks.  The money is so much better, and I've definitely spoiled myself with being able to work whenever I want.

28.  I've been doing this for about 9 months now, and I do love it, but lately I've been going back and forth with wanting to be a part of a salon family again.  I wouldn't go back to the salon where I was, but it would be nice to feel like I'm a part of something again, instead of just always riding solo.  I think it has left me feeling more lonely than anything, but I wouldn't trade this experience.

29.  I have been wanting to move away from my hometown for years, and I've recently decided that it's time to do that.  The thought of it terrifies me, but not enough for the excitement of it to completely outweigh my fears. 

30.  I worry that I won't be able to fully do it on my own.  I have had help from my parents in one way or another my whole life.  But I think that this is the leap that I want and need to take.  I want to feel self sufficient more than anything right now.  I imagine that it will really be the best feeling ever. 

31.  I've decided to move to Richmond, Va.  It's about 2 hours from where I am now.  I think this is the perfect place for me.  The art scene is huge there, and it just feels like an entirely different world.  Plus I will be close enough to home that I can come stay for a few days each month and keep a lot of my clients, just get them all done back to back in a few days. 

32.  I am the opposite of a germ-a-phob. 

33.  If I don't have a toothbrush and need one, I will (and have) use a friend's toothbrush, even if it means I don't tell them lol. 

34. I pick my nose, and you do too.  Don't lie.

35.  My natural hair color is dark blonde, and since I color my hair darker, I have to color my eyebrows too so they don't look too light.

36.  I swear that I wished my hair curly.  I've had straight hair all my life and I had always wanted curly hair, and just in the past couple years it started just curling by itself.  totally stoked :)

37.  I absolutely love being in my car.  Driving with my music up really high is seriously the most therapeutic thing to me.

38.  I take cat naps whenever I need some energy.  Like just 20 minutes of a nap will totally energize me... and if I take it late in the day then it'll mess up my sleep schedule for the night... i'll be up really late.

39.  I can fall asleep with the tv on, but I know it'll wake me up soon after, so I use that as an alarm clock whenever I'm taking a cat nap.  I just leave the tv on with the volume on low, and I know it'll wake me back up soon.

40.  I'm still obsessed with sudoku.  I like it because it clears my head while I'm working on the grids.

41.   I've probably had the craziest and worst dates of anyone I know.

42.  I have had a girl stalk me for 6 months after only 2 dates. 

43.  Reading Chelsea Handler's books made me want to write my own book, making it about all of my horrible dates.  I have sooooo many crazy dating stories.  I could definitely write a book, and I'd probably ask some friends to give me their stories too and make it a collaboration book.  Would be hilarious!

44.  I've lived at the beach my whole life, but dream about living in the mountains.

45.  I also prefer cooler weather, which is not the norm for someone who grew up at the beach haha.

46.  Autumn is my favorite season, all the warm colors in the changing of the leaves literally fills me up inside. 

47.  I also love flowers.  Flowers literally make me sooooo happy haha.  It's a different thing then just that I like to get flowers... I just love flowers and am amazed that their beauty occurs naturally in nature. 

48.  I'm actually not a big fan of getting roses though.  I prefer different and exotic types of flowers to traditional ones.  Wild flowers are the best though.  Just picked right out of a field :).

49.  My favorite color is still purple.

50.  I think it's funny how much of my stuff ends up being purple without me even planning on it.  Like my shampoo and conditioner bottles are purple, my face wash bottle is purple, a lot of my make up packaging is purple, and I even tried out a new mascara because the bottle was purple.  I didn't actually realize that until later, but it's funny how I'm just drawn to purple things.

I'm gonna go ahead and post this... took me forever just to get this far, but I'm gonna try to finish the 100 things soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!