Thursday, October 28, 2010

I got orchids. Purple ones. WIN!!

So this past weekend, I got to meet S's baby sister who is 14.  I couldn't believe how much she reminded me of my little sister.  They are both super hyper and talkative and have to tell you every little detail of every story even when you have no idea who or what they are talking about... the only difference is that my sister is a little more bitchy and she's also 8 years older.  Her sister was so cute though, I cut her hair and plucked her eyebrows and you could just tell she felt so pretty and I love seein young girls feel good about themselves. 

We also made a trip to Walmart with their dad, and baby sister and their dad wrestled in the backseat on the way-so cute.  I love her family, everyone gets along so well and they're so playful.  :)  After the walmart trip, we all 4 played texas holdem and then apples to apples... and it was so much fun.  I love playing games!!  I totally kicked ass in apples to apples and it was my first time playing MUAHAHAHA! I just loved that we were all laughing the whole time together, and most of all I love seeing S smile.  Her face just takes on a whole new shape when she laughs really hard... and it gives me butterflies every time I see her laugh like that. 

On Sunday, her older sister and her husband and 4 kids came over, and I did her daughter's highlights and haircut.  She loved it hehe...  could it be that I'm winning brownie points with the family?  :)  It was a really great weekend.  We went and saw Hereafter that night though, and wow that was a waste of time and money.  Don't see it.

Early Monday morning, I started feeling sick though, and ended up not feeling to well for the next two days.  Trust me, you don't want details.  But S came home early from work on Monday to take care of me.  She went to the store to get me some fruit and soup (I was scared to try to eat anything else) and she came home with purple orchids too :).  Seeeee??

Oh and she pulled out some of her old family home videos from when she was a kid... lol she was such a cute kid!  My favorite video was her when she was maybe 3 or 4, singing all the songs that she had learned in preschool, but she was kinda hard to understand...  but still kept singin hehe.  PRECIOUSSSS.

It's raining tonight and I'm so happy about that...  I've gotten spoiled when I'm with her, she has a fancy iphone... and she has this app on it called ambiance, and you can play different sounds to put you to sleep, and my favorite is the sound of rain with light thunder in the background... puts me right to sleep.  I'm home on my own, and I think I'm gonna crack my bedroom window just so I can hear it better.  Drinkin my sleepy-time strawberry tea, and gonna get ready for bed.  :)

1 comment:

  1. CUUuute!! That's so sweet she got you flowers!! Purple orchids are sooo pretty!! :-)
    You're so lucky it's raining there!! Last time I was there and it was pouring out, I grabbed a beer and sat out on the back porch!! It was soo nice! :-)

    Miss you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!