Saturday, August 28, 2010

Well hi there.

So I took a little trip to the city where I'm thinkin about movin (and this is where my Squirty B lives, and she graciously let me crash on her couch) and I had a good trip there.  It was my first trip there that was for the purposes of lookin around to see salons where i could work.  I went into quite a few, and there is one that is really standing out to me.  She and I had been emailing back and forth for the past week, and I got to see her, but she was busy with a client so I didn't get to sit and talk with her.  But the place is really cute, it's an old house that's been converted into a business..  and just being in there.. I felt so stylish and cute and confident... like it was a place that I would want to promote and tell people that i worked there.  Plus the owner had told me through emails that she sends her stylists to New York for training classes in hair...  I would literally be on cloud 9.  :) 

I am literally just saving up every last penny that I can at the point, so that i can move in a few months, and have a nice cushion to fall back on.  I want to make a few more trips, and take a look at a few more salons that I just found out about.  Oh and now I have another friend that says she would move there with me.. she's actually way out in AZ but she wants to move here, and we were talking about living together in the city I am in now.  Well I told her that i wanted to move, and she said that she'd actually already been looking at schools there, she wants to go to hair schools too (aww!).  I had cut her hair a few months ago when she was out here visiting, and she said that me cutting her hair, and all of the passion that I put into it, inspired her to follow her heart and go to hair school, like she's always wanted to.  :)  What a compliment! 

Oh and I met a new girl, and she is sweet and cute as hell, and she gives me butterflies (and I give her the same butterfliesss!!!), and I met her for the first time while I was in the new city visiting.  :)  It is of course very new, and I don't want to get my hopes up about her, and subconciously make this move somewhat about the idea of finding love there...  I really want to make this decision about myself, and about making myself happy and maybe even finding 'home' even if I don't end up staying there.  Whatever is meant to happen, will happen.  I just need a change, and I know that I need to just go ahead and do it for myself, rather than waiting for life to happen around me.  I'm excited to see how this all plays out for me, and excited for some long needed and awaited CHANGE. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds oh so exciting to have all those opprotunities and choices open to you. Makes me jealous for a little change of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is GOOD (I am chanting that to myself too!)

    So excited for you!

    Ready to tell us more about this new girl yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes... i agree that CHANGE IS GOOD. It scares me to think about it... but i know that I'm gonna be soooo excited once it happens, and once I get there and realize that I can do this on my own. I know I can do it, I just need to DO IT.

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!