Friday, August 6, 2010

Fawk You Friday!!!

This is my first time participating in a Fawk You Friday, and I have to say that it is the PERFECT day for me to start.  I'm livid right now.  Read on, but be warned that this is NO NICE POST.

BWS tips button

Ok so.  Let me just go ahead and get it out there.  FAWK YOU JAMIE.  For real.  Fawk you.  And I know I don't usually use names in my blog, but I am just so mad that I don't care. Jamie.  The bitch's name is JAMIE. 

Jamie and I have known each other for a little over a year now.  Last summer was a blast.  I lived in an apartment with my roommate chris, and although he was the messiest roommate, we got along really well.  You wouldn't think so if you read some of my old posts lol...  but of course this blog was my place to vent haha.  He and I still talk, he's one of my best buddies.  Well he and I would hang out with a bunch of the other peeps in our apartment complex, and we'd have big group 'family' dinners (as we'd call them), big block parties, all of us would go to the beach every sunday (this is about 10-15 of us i'm talking about).  It was a great summer, probably one of my most favorite ones of all time so far.  Well Jamie was one of those people in our apartment family.  If you asked her, she'd tell you that she was responsible for getting us all together, that she was the one who planned everything, that we should all be grateful to her for such a wonderful summer.  She was the one that most of us wouldn't care if we 'lost.'  She always wanted to be the center of attention.  This included her wanting to make out with all of the girls, and she would frequently flash everyone to show off her pierced nipples.  Whenever we'd throw big parties that we'd invite other friends to, she'd put on some kinda name tag that said 'host', and then get completely pissed off when new people wouldn't show her the respect she so rightfully deserved.  She was a mess.  She has a boyfriend who is quiet and calm and who would usually just sit in their apartment and read or something.  We all had no idea why they were together, how he put up with her. 

Ok so that's the background.  Since last summer, almost everyone moved away.  The people I was closest with moved back home to GA after getting out of the military here.  I moved out of the apt complex late last year, Chris my roommate just recently moved back home to Missouri, and everyone else just kinda dispersed, except for Jamie and her boyfriend.  They stayed there until a few days ago.  I would go and see them sometimes for dinner, and I did her hair FOR FREE for the past year.  Not just haircuts ya'll, I did full highlights and haircuts about every 6 weeks on her.  The past few times I did her hair, I started telling her that I couldn't do it for free anymore, I'm going into business for myself and I need the money.  So she asked me 'ok how much does my color cost you?'  She actually expected to just pay me for what it cost me, not what i charge everyone else.  So for the past 3 times, she's handing me $30 (for what I did to her hair, I would be charging a minimum of $85) and says 'I put a tip in there for ya.'  My goodness.  Thank you, you gracious being.  She would follow up the past 3 hair appts with complaints about her hair a couple days later.  This never happened when it was free.  And her complaints were completely unjustified, especially since she didn't take care of her hair at all, she used shitty shampoo and would always throw her hair up in a messy bun while it's still wet.  It wasn't that I didn't do good work on her, I absolutely did, but don't expect me to run over to your house to redo one or two foils because you don't like the placement of the highlights or a slightly off color of blonde, when I'm a working girl and you're paying me shit.  During the last complaint i got from her via text message, saying that when she pulls her hair back, she can see some roots already on one side, I fought back and said that i have given her free hairdos for a year and i'm tired of her talking to me this way.  I felt that she was always looking for something to complain about, and I was over it.  The argument progressed, and it didn't end nicely.  Jamie, as we know, can do or say no wrong, so there is no sense in fighting with her, there will be no apology or any recognition of her being wrong or out of line. 

A few months ago, she found out that her boyfriend is getting stationed about 5 hours from here, and that they'd be moving near the beginning of august.  Well, when i moved out of that apartment back at the end of last year, I was having to put most of my stuff in storage, one of the things being my big $800 cherry oak sleigh bed frame.  My dad gave me this bed frame for my 21st birthday, and I got to pick it out myself.  I LOVE THIS BED ok.  I'm short, only 5'1, and i have to climb up onto it.  But I didn't have room for it where I was moving, so the plan was to put it in storage.  While Jamie was over visiting me as I was packing up, she asked if she could use the bed frame until I needed it again, since their mattresses were just laying on the floor.  I said sure... it was just going into storage anyway.  So they took it.  Well since they'd made plans for moving, we'd been conversing over when I could come get the bed.  As far as I knew, I had until the beginning of next week before they were moving.  I hadn't heard anything different, and hadn't talked to her since the middle of July.  I had told her that I needed to find someone with a truck that i could use to pick it up.  Well, with starting my new job, and recently taking on quite a few new hair clients, and also working on a painting project that the guy has agreed to pay me $800 for (yayyyyy!  go meee!!) I hadn't rounded up a truck yet.  Well, just yesterday morning, I get on facebook and see that Jamie has posted a status saying 'goodbye face book'.  Hmmm.  Why goodbye facebook?  I don't get it.  So I text her. 

Me: 'hey have you already moved??' 
Jamie:  Yes ma'am
Me:  Um ok.  So where's my bed?
Jamie:  Here.
Me:  What?  you took it with you?  Are you serious?
Jamie:  Yes.  I gave you plenty of time to come and get it, and I wasn't going to just let it sit by the dumpster.

OH.  MY.  GOD.  The little bitch stole my bed frame, and she left a week earlier than she had told me.  When I start going off on her, she says that she figured that since I hadn't come to get it, she thought I didn't want it, and that she's had far more things to worry about than my bed frame getting back to me, and starts talking about how her mom is in the hospital and she's been working and packing and BLAH BLAH BLAH.  Are you serious, you asshole???  I told her that it was never a question of 'if' i was going to get it, it was a question of 'when'.  I said that after all i had done for her, I never thought that she'd be capable of stealing something so big from me.  I also mentioned that it was funny how I was always the one standing up for her to everyone else when we'd all get tired of her bullshit, and that in the end she screws me over the worst.  Well the little shit told me that she's not my babysitter (ahem?  excuse me?) and that it wasn't her responsibility to make sure that I got my stuff before she moved, and that if I wanted it, I could come and get it, or I could send her money to ship it to me.  I.  Am.  Livid. 

Ok ok ok.  Shake it off.  Seriously, I'm having to pace back and forth and shake my hands off to keep from screaming.  This happened yesterday, and just from writing about it, the rage is filling me up all over again.  I just don't know how some people's minds work.  I can't imagine doing that to someone else that I once called a friend, and to someone who had done so much for me already.  I don't know how she is able to sleep peacefully at night, AND IN MY BED.  I've lost something that was sentimental to me, and was damn expensive.  Yes, it is only a piece of furniture, and I don't need it to survive or anything, but god damn.  I'll get over it, and at least I know that karma isn't going to be coming for me. 

But yeah.  Fuck YOU Jamie. 


3 comments:

  1. I really feel for you - to take something of that sentimental value is really low. She sounds like a nasty piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She took your fawking bed??? That seriously takes the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I still feel a lot of rage whenever I think about it. I really can't comprehend why she did this, or how she actually justified it in her own head by saying that it was my fault for not picking it up already. Ugh.

    These are the kinds of people that I need to just keep far far away from me.

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!