New favorite music: Keane.
Well, I got the privilege of hearing tonight that MJ's first date with the new girl went great.
I'm not really sure why I'm putting myself through this. I tell myself that it's a good idea, and that the hurt feelings will go away... but so far no good. The fucked up part is that I don't even want her back. That, for one thing, is getting easier and easier to see everyday. But what I don't get is why it still turns my stomach. It makes me feel so mixed up, almost sick, like I can't make myself completely step away from the situation. I want to know, for some sick reason, what's going on. But it's always been easier for me to just walk away and not have to subject myself to hearing about their new life without me. I know what I need to do. I need to do what I KNOW is best for me.
In my last post, I have to say that every single person's comment pissed me off. I wanted ya'll to side with meeee! and for some reason, I felt like no one did that. No one said what I WANTED to hear. I know that's not actually true. But I want to feel ok with making a decision that seems 'cold' to some people, by just stepping away. It's what's easier for me, and I just don't think I can heal otherwise. Maybe I'll be able to go back and be friends with an ex later, but I just can't do that until I'm fully healed from the breakup. I'm not even fucking hurting that much over this shit, it's just something that literally sits in the middle of my head and it won't go away. I just need it gone right now. I don't need this kind of distraction.
After MJ and I got off the phone tonight, I went straight into the bathroom and took a burning hot bubble bath. I never take baths. Like seriously, maybe once a year. I put on my pandora and typed in coldplay and blasted the speakers and just layed in there, taking deep breaths. The water was so hot I could hardly stand it at first, but I needed to feel the stimulation.
Lines ever more unclear
I'm not sure I'm even here
The more I look the more I think that I'm
Starting to disappear
Oh, crystal ball, crystal ball
Save us all, tell me life is beautiful
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Oh, crystal ball, hear my song
I'm fading out, everything I know is wrong
So put me where I belong
So I've arrived to piss you off...
ReplyDeleteI've been friends with some exes and with others it was impossible. It just depends on the situation and the person. If you need to step away, then do what you need to do. It's all still pretty fresh. Hugs and it WILL get better. My crystal ball said so...
hehehe. thank you for coming to piss me off Mel. You always say the right thing.
ReplyDeletedig the blog!
ReplyDeletethank yaaaa tmar. :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Find something to distract you and for heavens sake, quit torturing yourself!
ReplyDelete