Last week was a busy one. Keeping busy helps after just going through a breakup. It was good for me to not have time to just sit and think about MJ. This weekend has been slower, and it started off with a jolt that got me right back into the breakup mindset. But I'm ok. Been through much worse than this. I mean I know I wasn't in love. I know that. I guess my heart will just always be a little more tender than I would like for it to be. There's just no way around that. I've thought that it would get easier, the more that I had experienced, but it always stings just the same. Guess I'll just have to live with that! It's ok I guess, in the end it's not gonna hurt to care too much, not in a way that I can't be proud of anyway.
My new part time job doesn't leave ANY room for thinking about anything else but it while I'm there. My friend Sandra owns a preschool, and I've started working there a few days a week. So many of my hair appts end up being in the evening so I wanted to do something that would take up some of my daytime, and some extra money doesn't hurt either. I'm working with the babies of the school, the two year olds. I have fallen madly in love with this one little girl, from the first day she latched onto me and stole my heart. Her name is Madyson. Whenever I get there, she sees me and her face lights up with a big smile and yells 'HIIIII!!!' It's just the cutest thing. She always wants me to hold her or carry her or hug me or sit in my lap. And then there's Kloey, and Jasmine, and Grayson and Gavin (twins) and the youngest baby is Richard, who is just the sweetest little blonde quiet boy. We have up to 16 kids in the 'twos' class at one time, and it's just me and one other girl who are with them. I originally went in there thinking I would just try it and I didn't think that I'd have the patience to be with a bunch of kids all day, but I just love it. It's trying at times, but even the little problem child terrors make me smile sometimes.
For a while now, I've been questioning if I'd even want to have kids of my own. This never used to be a question for me, it was always certain in my mind that I did, but doubts about my wanting it have surfaced. But now, after spending time with these babies, there's no question anymore. I still don't want them now, but I do know I want to have kids in the future. Just need to find me a baby mama first haha. The twins, Grayson and Gavin, they actually have lesbian moms. The birth mom drops them off in the morning, and 'Mimi', their other mom, picks them up in the afternoon. I think it's cute that they call her Mimi. :-)
We also lost a friend last week. It was actually last Saturday. Shae Buchanan lost his battle with cancer. He made it to his 23rd birthday. His service was Thursday night and it was beautiful. Sandra, my friend who owns the preschool, is his cousin. I did Sandra and her gf's hair on Wednesday night before the service. We all drank together that night, and looked through photo albums as they told me funny stories about things that Shae would do. He was quite a character! I only got to meet him a handful of times, but even from the first time I met him, he was someone that would stand out without even trying. What a great smile that kid had... I still just can't believe he's gone. Watch this video, the local news station got an interview with him after he had originally learned that he was sick, and we were all thinking that he was going to be fine, he was beating it. He worked at the preschool too, and it's been hard when all the kids are asking 'where is Mr. Shae?'
I'm having dinner with a friend tonight. I don't think it's a date, maybe it is haha... but I don't think it is. We've actually only met once, and it was back in December of last year. We've been saying we needed to get coffee again for a long time, but then I started dating MJ and so we lost touch. So anyway, it'll be nice to see her again, she was good company the first time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!