OY VEY!! not looking foward to court tomorrow at all. It's really starting to make me a bit queeeeesy, and I just really want it to be all over. I have to go to court because of that crazy roommate that I told you about.
I'd like to say that I'm fully prepared, but there is just no way of knowing what kinda bullshit this woman is gonna pull out of her ass. But even so, I have notes typed up to take with me. I had typed up full responses for each one of her allegations against me, to send to my lawyer's office for them to be able to give me advice about the case, and so I've shortened up my answers so that I'll be able to just skim over my notes when asked questions about it. My mind has a tendency to just go completely blank when I get stressed, so I know I won't be quick on my feet to answer. But the good news is that she'll be speaking first, and then I'll have the floor to be able to give my responses, so at least I won't just be going in there and trying to make a case on my own or something.
It sucks that because it's small claims court, my prepaid legal policy doesn't give me a lawyer to take with me, but at least I was able to talk to him for a good 20 minutes and he walked me through everything that I should be expecting to happen, and gave me some tips.
Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about it, and I don't think that she has a good case against me or anything, but still, this kinda thing just makes me wanna grab my blanket and hide my face. Maybe, if she can't see me, I can't see her. haha. Wish me luck!
Good luck!! Almost anything is better than court...
ReplyDeleteI hope you have someone there with you. I'll be thinking about you.
ReplyDelete