Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What a week.

I don't even really know where to start to be honest.  My mind is still spinning a little bit.  Just going over things that were said and agreeing with things and then disagreeing with other things, not that any of it matters at this point.

MJ and I are over.  She made the call last night.  I have to admit that I was somewhat expecting it, but I wasnt expecting it to happen when or how it did. 

We just had such a great weekend at the lake.  It was just the two of us.  It was relaxing and we also got a lot done.  I helped her with yard work for the better part of Saturday, mowing about 85% of the lawn while she blew the leaves out of the flower beds and used the weed wacker.  We went out for dinner that night, made a bonfire in the backyard when we got back, had cuddle time all weekend, and then layed out on the dock on the lake on Sunday.  It was just perfect, and then it was just over, just like that.  When we got back to the house sunday afternoon, it was time to take showers, then eat a late lunch, then clean up the house before hitting the road at 6.  This was the plan we'd come up with while planning out the rest of the day.  We take showers, one of us in each shower, then I pack my bags up and then head to the kitchen to make lunch.  She was already working on cleaning up her stuff and so i yelled through the house what she wanted me to make for her lunch.  I said I was going to have my leftovers from dinner the night before, and could make something else for her.  And there's the tone.  She is apparently pissed off thhat I'm not eating the pizza we had said we'd put in the oven and eat for lunch, we'd had the same thing the day before so I just wasn't in the mood for it again.  But I said I'd put it in the oven for her if she wanted it, or I could make something else for her.  She says no.  I ask what's wrong.  Nothing.  No really, what's wrong?  Nothing, just eat your lunch.  Out of nowhere, she's mad at me.  Well I'm starving, so I go ahead and heat up my food.  I then go into the den and turn the tv on while I eat, like we usually do.  I ask her again, is she sure that i can't make something for her.  No.  Ok then... 

I go on eating.  It's about 430 now.  I keep thinking she'll stop what she's doing back in the bedrooms and come and make herself something to eat and sit with me so we can spend some time together before we finish cleaning up.  Didnt happen.  She kept on cleaning.  I asked her again about food for her.  No, I'm not hungry.  Now I know she's lying, because she was the one who said we'd go back and eat lunch while we were at the lake.  So I clean up  my lunch mess, and go and finish packing my bags and see that she has already remade the bed after washing the sheets earlier in the day, which is something we usually do together.  Why didn't she tell me she was doing that?   I guess in her mind it was better to do it all herself and be the martyr.  To act like I was purposefully not helping her clean.  At 5, she yells across the house 'are you gonna start packing your car?'  when I'm thinking we still have another hour before we're leaving.  I tell her I can, and so I do.  When I go outside, I see that she's already got her dog strappped into her doggy seat in her truck.  I say 'are we leaving now?' she says yes, she's done cleaning and ready to go.  I'm just completely stumped.  What just happened in the past hour?  How do you go from having a really great weekend to letting something upset you that much to just erase everything else?  She comes over to my car and gives me a quick peck kiss, no hug, and walks over and gets in her truck.  I say through our opened windows...  why is this so weird?  we're not gonna see each other for two weeks, and she really wants to leave like this?  I just didn't get it.  She said she didnt wanna talk about it right now, but that if anything she was pissed off that I didn't help her clean.  She says I'm a grown woman and she shouldn't have to tell me what needs to be done.  I'm a little in shock at this point.  That she decided to talk to me like that, and that she was actually willing to just drive away and end our weekend over being upset over one small thing.  I sat there in my car in the driveway, just thinking she'll snap out of it and get out of her truck and come give me a hug and a real kiss, a real fucking goodbye, but it didn't happen.  She said that there was nothing that either one of us could say to change the situation, so she was just going to go, and she did just that.  She just pulled right out of the driveway and left me sitting there with my jaw hanging open. 

We talked a little on the way home, I called her pretty much as we were both driving out of the neighborhood, but there was no coming to an agreement or even just letting it go.  She just said she'd call me when she got home and needed to cool off.  I literally didn't even know how to react.  I just couldnt understand why she would leave that way, knowing that we wont be seeing each other for 2 weeks.  We had a great weekend.  There was never a bit of tension in the air until the last hour that we were there.  I still just don't get it.  Later that night, we talked and she pretty much said she was over it, so I just let the conversation go, even though I was still feeling uneasy about how she'd handled things.  But I needed time to process I guess.  I just didn't even know what tto do. 

Monday she was distant while she was at work.  I had a bad day, got in an arguement with my stepdad, then my mom, and pretty much just had one of those days where you feel like the world is caving in.  I still didn't know how to feel about things with MJ, and since I'm living with my parents right now it was just really uncomfortable being in my house.  I even texted MJ around 3 asking her if she was busy.  I hadn't heard from her in about 3 hours and she knew I was having a bad day from texts that morning.  She hadn't ever asked me if I was ok or tried to check on me in any way.  She then called me and asked me what was up.  I just said that I didn't really know what to say but that i felt like she was feeling like i was just quite the irritation to her.  It just struck me as odd that she hadn't seemed to care that I was having a bad day.  Her response was that we'd talk later, she couldnt get into it now, but that she didn't think she was acting any different than she usually did.  Yeah... right.  Thankfully I had some clients last night, so I went and did them and then came home and got on the treadmill for about an hour.  MJ was helping a friend move a grill with her truck, and she was out pretty late, so we didn't even catch up on the phone until close to 11pm.  She then sounded fine, told me about her night with her friend, and then asked about my day, and actually genuinely sounded concerned.  I told her everything that happened.  She then asked me about some other things, like if I'd heard from my lawyer about the old roommate situation.  Then we even made small talk, she was watching her dvr'd dancing with the stars, which I don't watch at all.  I said I was getting tired around midnight, and asked if I could go pee and call her back to say our goodnights.  I did, called her back, and after a bit more small talk, she comes out with 'well I know you've had a bad day, but I do think we need to talk.'

Ok...

She says "I just don't know if this is working for me anymore Kel."  She said it so matter of factly, and so out of nowhere, that i actually considered in my head that she might be joking.  But no, she wasn't. 

I don't even want to get into everything else that was said cuz it'll just make me upset again at this point, but yeah, it's over.  In the end, i agree that we're probably just not right for each other.  At times, it did feel like I was hanging out more with a buddy than with my gf.  And after her startling exit on sunday, I was already expecting this to happen.  But it still sucks either way.  So in the end she's saying she wants to stay friends, and that she knows that I'm not prone to do that, but that she wants me to try to be open minded about it.  I just don't know at this point. 

When all is said and done...  I just feel a bit used.  For quite a few different reasons too.  Just looking back on things, you never realize how much you readily sacrifice for someone until you find out it was all for nothing.  I'm having bouts of anger and sadness, going back and forth with them.  But i'll be fine. 

I'll be fine.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry it didn't work out with you guys. It does really suck that you put so much into it.

    You can't regret that though, you never know.

    Here's to being a little closer to finding the one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, sounds like she was just looking for a reason. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that might have been Mel, but it's ok, we're good friends now, and it's working because there's no pressure to be something that we're not. We just weren't right as lovers, and that's ok. :-) I've missed hearing from you Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I know this is an old post, but I just read it after reading your comment on Jen's blog. I know what you mean about not realizing how much you'd put forth for someone and the return is so very disappointing..

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!