Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Breakup aftermath.

Hey guess what?  I'm really doing fine.  I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be, but it just always seems so dramatic when you're still in that mindset.  So end of the worldish, so woe is me.  But yeah, didn't take me long to snap out of that.  I guess that just justifies the thought that was in my head all along, that I just wasn't in love. 

I think my problem is that I don't know how to let go of things.  Like, even though I knew the spark was barely glowing, I just wanted to move foward with it and hope that it would grow.  So that's something I'm gonna have to learn.  I had gotten myself into it, so I wanted to stick with it and be faithful to it.  I thought that was the adult thing to do.  Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing it even now, which we all know I'm just FAMOUS for doing anyway.  haha...  it really is funny I guess.  Relationships are just a bitch!

Why do they seem to take over some parts of your mind?  Why do I feel so differently now that I'm out of the 'blinders' mindset?  Who knows.  But yeah...  me snapping out of it so quickly isn't entirely just because of me.  Some great friends really just came out of the woodwork yesterday, and said all kinds of nice things and I even made a couple of them sit through me talking the whole thing out and give me their input, and a lot of it was so constructive and helpful.  Things I didn't even realize until they said it.  All of the red flags that were flying SO HIGH!  And I didn't even know it all or consider it all or realize how blinded I was. 

I do have one special person who really made me feel great.  Yeah, it's kind of a sticky situation though haha.  Of course it is right?  She's an ex.  S, we'll call her.  We had only dated a while ago for a short period of time, but she recently found me on facebook and added me, maybe like 5 months ago or something.  She's now in a serious relationship, living with her gf, and they're happy and I'm happy for her.  She and I never really had a fair shot at things, I was still not over J, the major ex, and my head was cloudy (I honestly don't even recognize that version of myself, when I was in love with J, it was the most disfunctional relationship I think I'll ever have) and after S and I had a 'big misunderstanding' (as we call it now) I went running back to J who was sweet talkin me again.  Anyway, S works for an eye doctor, and my eyes have been bothering me, so I had messaged her on facebook asking if she still worked there and that I wanted to get my eyes checked.  She told me to come on in.  This was all completely innocent, I didn't think there would be any feelings there, I mean seriously the thought hadn't even crossed my mind.  So I went in to see her last Friday, and of course she just looked as gorgeous as ever.  She looked very excited to see me, it had been at least a year and a half since we'd seen each other, maybe even two years.  So I get my eyes checked with the Doc, who is her best friend.  He's a goofball, older, with 3 kids.  I had met him when we dated, and even went out to dinner and a movie with him and S and his kids, so it was good to see him too.  S and I had some good laughs about how I still hated to have anything near my eyes, and she had to almost hold me down while she put drops in my eyes.  She also told me how her gf is extremely jealous of me and would probably kill her if she knew that I was coming in to the office.  Why??? I thought...  we haven't seen each other in a long time and we didn't even date that long to begin with, she replied that it was because I was pretty.  haha... ok... 

Anyway, I left there feeling light on my feet and happy to have caught up with an old friend, when she texts me.  "Off the record, you look beautiful.  Absolutely amazing.  On the record, it was really good to see you." Uh oh... trouble.  How is it that I was thinking the same thing about her?

Ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves.  She and I have since seen each other again yesterday for me to get the damn contacts for my eyeballs (my eyeballs do NOT like them at all haha), sweet talked each other A LOT but I would never feel ok about going behind her gf's back, and I know she's not the kind of person who would do anything to disrespect her partner, or me, or anyone for that matter.  So we both stopped it before it got to anything close that was out of hand.  But nevertheless, she did say some things to me that just made me feel so great.

Whether the relationship was good or not, a breakup always kinda feels like a bit of a blow to the ego.  This one did to me with no exceptions.  MJ had told me that I'm really sensitive, and that it didn't work because she isn't.  Well I'll be damned!  I've never heard that one before.  I've heard that from pretty much every girl I've been with, with just a couple small exceptions.  But S texted me yesterday after I left her office, and had just unloaded on her the details of MJ's and my breakup.  She said 'just so you know, you being sensitive is not a bad thing.  You will find someone like me that will love you for you and be happy with that part of you.  I just think that you're a great girl.  You have a lot going for you, ur beautiful and fun and you're not too sensitive.... There is nothing wrong with caring too much.  Don't let it change you.  Like I said, I love that part of someone and I can't be the only one that does.'  Ok so that was like 4 different texts that she sent, but I put them all together.  But it meant a lot, and of course I start crying as I'm driving down the road and my new contacts got dried out haha.  But it was nice.  She made me feel more special, and just flat out 'ok' with myself in that one conversation than in the entirety of mine and MJ's relationship.  So that definitely says something about what I had with MJ, it definitely wasn't as much as I'd been thinking it was.

And I know it can't go anywhere, I know she has a gf who she loves.  But it was just simply nice to hear that from someone who had actually been a personal witness to that side of me in a relationship, and didn't despise that side of me.  And I know I'm sensitive and emotional, but that's just who I am.  I'm not going to change!  So that makes accepting that side of myself a little easier, to hear that it's actually appreciated by someone else. 

So I'm ok.  Gonna be fine.  Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!