I'm not really sure why I have had so many crazy roommates, but this past one TAKES THE FUCKING CAKE.
Guess what I got SERVED with today? She is suing me for almost $700 for 'unpaid utilities, late fees, damaged equipment (by the way, she spelled it equiptment), storage fees, and cleaning fees.' I think I got them all, the paper is in the other room, I'm reciting her 'list' from memory. Oh. My. God.
This woman has absolutely no grounds at all. I lived with her for 3 months. She took my money that I paid her for rent and for utilities, and then spent it all on bingo and would be asking her tenants for our rent and utility money early because she hadn't used it to pay the bills. I woke up to there being no power one morning, no internet another morning, no cable tv for over 3 weeks... and there was always an excuse. "They messed up my bill again!" Yeah right.. like that happens to one person countless times, and from every single company that you have to pay. On top of that, she was a nightmare to live with. At first I just thought she was quirky, a little weird but full of energy. Then there was that time that I had to call 911 to come take her unconscious ass to the hospital after downing two bottles of that christmas egg nog that's premixed with rum or something. Yes, I did say TWO BOTTLES. Then there was that time that I had a full day of clients the next day, which was a Tuesday, and her daughter comes home from college and decides to throw a party at our house that lasted until 430am, with nothing but kids who weren't even close to being of the legal drinking age. When I complained to my roommate about it, she lunged at me and started screaming that I need to stop being selfish and that she wants her daughter to have a good time. She was actually raising her arms as if to hit me but her darling boyfriend held her back. Yeah. Precious. Then there was that time that I had bought myself a full grocery load and then unexpectedly had to go outta town to help my grandmother move and when I came home all of my groceries were gone. I'm talking down to the last egg. All gone. Nothing was replaced, even though I made it known that I was upset about it, and that I didn't eat their food without asking. All of this in 3 months people. 3 fucking months.
The last straw was waking up to having absolutely no power and having to take a freezing cold shower in a pitch black bathroom before going to work. The next day, I moved out. I didn't owe her a thing. I had never signed a lease with her, I had never signed anything with her. I moved back in with my mother for the first time since I was 18. That's desperation!
So now she is suing me. I have absolutely no idea why she thinks that she is actually going to get a cent from me. I have a lawyer, and she is well aware of that. Hell, I sell Prepaid Legal! (another one of my many ways of making money lol, my stepdad does it and got me into it) So yeah, I called my lawyer today, and told him about it. I faxed him the paperwork and he'll be giving me a call back in a couple days. She, on the other hand, doesn't have a lawyer, she doesn't have any grounds for these accusations, it's really all just ridiculous. When I told my mom about it, she burst out laughing. Lord... some people.
Were the papers she served you written on notebook paper with crayon?
ReplyDeleteNo! We actually have a full out courtdate. But FUNNY you should ask that, because during that last day that she failed to pay the power bill, she wrote out a hand written lease that she was telling me to sign or else I would have to vacate the premises by the end of the month, which was in 5 days. I'm guessing that she was sensing that I was planning on moving or something so she was stupid enough to think that if she made me sign something I'd owe her money. You shoulda seen this thing. It was like scribbled out, and it was on computer paper. She even wrote out a line with an 'X' next to it where I was supposed to sign at the bottom.
ReplyDeleteWow. You have the craziest roomate stories.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pain in the ass.
Any luck finding the kitty a home?
Yes Squirt, found the kitty a good home actually the day after I posted that ad on craigslist. They came and got her from MJ's house before I went home, so I got to spend some time with them and they seem really nice. I know she'll be spoiled rotten :)
ReplyDelete