Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just don't make eye contact and you'll be ok.

So I'm on my way to work this morning.  Just driving along, listening to my music loud and singing along as usual, I believe I had Adele, Fleetwood Mac, and Rilo Kiley playing simultaneously.  I really enjoy being in my car by myself.  It really does become my own little world, while I'm singing and daydreaming.  Very soothing to me. 

All of a sudden, I see this big white van behind me.  I can see that it's a man with dark black sunglasses on. He's changing lanes with me, even cutting people off to stay directly behind me.  After about 7 or 8 minutes, he tries to get beside me, but I'm getting freaked out at this point, so I speed up and try to get away from him through traffic.  He starts beeping his horn as he can tell I'm trying to lose him.  Am I the only one who sees this scary dude chasing me?  Someone needs to help me out or something.  I've got my cellphone clutched in my hand ready to dial, just in case. We're coming up to a stoplight, and I'm suddenly boxed in with cars all around me, the scary dude is to my left, just only halfway behind me.  I tell myself it's gonna be ok.  Just don't look at him, and you'll be at work safe in 10 minutes.  He starts beeping his horn over and over again.  wtf does he want?  He rolls down his window and starts yelling at me.  'HEY!'  I don't move a muscle.  'HEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!' ok just turn around and see what he wants.  I turn around just enough so that he knows he has my attention.  he yells out of his window "You don't have any FUCKING brake lights!!  YOU DON'T HAVE AAAANNNYYY FUUUUUUCKINGGGGG BRAKEEE LIGHTTTTSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" 

oh.  oh i see. 

I knod, totally in shock of how he has just yelled at me, after scaring the shit out of me for a good 10 minutes.  So, ahem, I don't have any brake lights?  Ok.  Thank you sir.  I mean yes, this is a serious thing that I need to know about, but I'm sitting there shaking in my little flippy floppies. 

I made it to work ok.  Took my car to the mechanic that my dad's friends with.  He figured out it was the brake light switch that was broken, since all 3 of my brake lights decided to all not work in one day.  Just this one little piece of plastic that had broken, and it cost me $46 for this little tiny piece of plastic.  Luckily the mechanic never charges me for the labor, he's a really nice guy.  So all is better with my car.  Whew. 

Guess who just played guitar hero for the first time?  Me.  Ok, not the first time, but it might as well have been.  I'm horrible at that game.  I've only actually played one time before, so it's not like I've gotten a lot of practice and I'm still horrible.  My neighbor just got the new guitar hero 5 and brought it over.  He was so excited about it, and wanted me to play it with him.  That poor guy had no idea what he was asking of me.  I kept getting us kicked out of all of the songs, or whatever you call it hahaha.  Seriously, I'm horrible.  I just kept sitting there and laughing, cuz I'm just that bad.  I used to play piano, and once you have your fingers programmed to play music one way, it's hard to play a different kind of instrument.  Not that guitar hero is actually like playing a guitar, but it is kinda backwards in comparison to piano.  I actually have a guitar and don't know how to play it.  I wanna learn how soon.  On my list.

I'm gonna be posting tomorrow for Lilu's TMI Thursdays, so be sure to check back.  I have a funnyyyy story of something that happened to me recently. 

1 comment:

  1. oh man guitar hero is not a game for me. i get so nervous on it- and distracted by the music.
    id rather just watch...and i would have been equally as terrified if a gentleman was doing the same to me. you are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!