So I took my neighbor with me to a bbq yesterday. She has an 11 month old baby boy. He's an absolutely adorable handful. His favorite things ever are cell phones. If he sees you using your cellphone, he will drop whatever it is that he's doing, and lunge for the phone.
I have had some trouble with phones in the recent past. I had gotten a new phone back in March. It's purple, which was the main reason I got it. I have a small obsession with purple. Anyway, on the 4th of July, I took it for a swim with me in the ocean by accident. I always put my phone in my bra, and I had put it in my bathing suit that day. Totally forgot about it, and it went under one wave before I realized I had it on me. It would still turn on, but none of the buttons would work. I had to let it sit out and dry out for weeks. I had lost the phone that I used before, so my mom gave me one of her old phones to use for the time being. I later found my old phone, turned it back on. I've been using that for the past couple months. I recently tried to turn on the purple phone, and it works again, buttons and all. I tried reactivating it online but it said I had to call, in which I sat on hold for long enough that I felt like I was gonna go crazy so I hung up. Well, yesterday at the cookout, little Austin, the baby boy, grabbed my phone out of my hand while I was holding him, played with it for a minute, and then proceeded to throw it straight down onto the concrete patio we were sitting on. It's a flip phone, and he threw it down perfectly open and face down, so it smashed it into two pieces. Guess it's time to sit on hold again to turn on the purple one! His mommy put it back together, and all works except I can't hear a thing while on the phone, just sounds like dead air. Texting is fine though. But still. Wish me luck on not going crazy waiting on hold with verizon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!