Well after all that stress and confusion, looks like I'm going to be staying right where I am. I talked to my roommate tonight about the move coming up. Or lack of one I should say now.
The wife asked me a couple days ago, "You're moving?" and I said yes... she said why... and I said because I thought I had to... she looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about. She told me that my roommate is staying and that I should stay too. I asked the roommate about it tonight and he said that he's decided to stay and that I'm welcome to stay as long as I want. I'm like... ummmm ok.... wtf was all of this for then?????????????
It's easier to stay than finding a new place and getting comfortable with a new roommate and the actual act of MOVING which I hate. I am comfortable here, become good friends with a lot of the neighbors, and it's nice to have friends in walking distance.
The wife left today, which makes me happy, and it'll be 4 months before she's home again, and even then she won't be living here. She apparently wants time to herself for a while, wants to be on her own. He's just agreeing to whatever she says. They both are 'allowed' to 'date' while she's gone, this is her making these rules and him basically not having a choice if he wants to keep her, but he takes full advantage of the freedom. This whole scenario is difficult to watch. I'm single now, and don't know who I'll end up with, but chances are it'll be with a woman. I want to be able to get married just as much as the next gal, and I'm not allowed to here. But this is what marriage is in this splendid country. A 20 year old 'wife' and a 32 year old 'husband' getting married out of convenience because she's in the army. Just the other night, she went out with a neighbor, they wanted to go clubbing on a wednesday night. They texted another one of our neighbors asking where should they go because the few places they went were closed, and then texted back a few minutes later 'nevermind, we're gonna stay out, just don't tell Chris (my roommate) that the bars are closed.' They constantly lie to each other, and it's just disgusting. I don't get it.
Be proud! I've been doing really well with food this week (except for the bbp party last night at my bosses's house). Eating a lot of veggies and fruits, and absolutely no beef or pork all week.
OH MY GOSH!! i JUST saw a really awesome commercial thingy. It was these two girls (nametags say Emma and Julia) sitting behind a counter working in a convenient store and one asks the other if she wants to hang out when they get outta work. The other girl says no, that her parents want her to come directly home after work. The first girl says 'ugh... that's so gay.' A woman walks up to the counter and says 'wow.. That's so Emma and Julia.' they ask why she's saying that, and she says 'well that's what people say when they're refering to something being stupid. everyone says it.' Emma and Julia look at each other confused and the screen goes black. A voice says 'do you realize what you are saying when you say that's so gay? Knock it off." haha. i love it.
Anyway back to my diet for the week... it's actually easy to do... I haven't really had to fight any cravings. Plus I'm saving money not ordering food everyday for lunch at work. I swear we probably spend $50 a week just on lunch at work, we always order out. hope everyone had a good weekend.
i feel you on the frustration of seeing married couples who dont realize how lucky they are that they are allowed to marry! and its also aggravating that im told im not allowed to as it would 'ruin the definition of marriage'..pfft. dont get me started.
ReplyDelete=) love the blog- cant wait to see what else u got!
Thanks Ashlin! btw I LOVE your name, it's one of my favorites. :)
ReplyDelete