Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh I hate moving.

So on very short notice, I've been looking for a new place to live.  Like I said in a previous post, I feel like I've been doing nothing but moving for the past few years.  It's just so hard to find a good roommate.  My current roommate and I have gotten along really well since I moved in, which was in January.  He and his fiance had married in January before she was leaving for deployment to Afghanistan.  Less than a month after she's gone, he finds out that she's already dating someone else who is in her command.  Yeah...  way to go. 

He and I become good friends fast, with me having to console him through all the trauma.  And even after all the drama calmed, he seemed to be doing a lot better, we still did most activities together.  Great friends.  Until.  She's coming home for 2 weeks leave from her year long deployment.  He's still in love with her, and after seeing her for all of 5 minutes, he's telling me that he is wanting to do whatever he can to make it work.  So, the little princess is running the show again.  She's 20 years old (he's 32), and thinks that she's God's gift to the world, and even more so, she knows that she's got him in the palm of her hand, and she's eating it up.  She tells him that she wants to stay legally married but that when she gets back at the end of her deployment, she wants to move to Richmond (which is 2 hours away from here) and spend some time on her own for a couple years, but that they can see each other on some weekends.  He, being the lovestruck dumbass that he is, agrees.  On top of all that, she's apparently not ok with the fact that he's made friends here without her being around (me and the neighbors that we've become close with), so she is telling him that he has to move into a different place.  The lease is up here in a month, and we had planned to renew it and stay.  But now, he's going to be moving, and when I asked if I was going to be moving with him (since I know we both can't afford to live on our own), he said "well, that's up to you I guess, but the place I'm moving to is going to be A LOT more expensive..."  basically a very sheepish way of telling me HEY GUESS WHAT!  You need to find something else.  So here I am. 

He's completely changed since she's been home.  She's leaving in a few days to go back to her deployment, thank god.  She makes it awkward as hell here.  They have two dogs, who of course have become attached to me since I've been living here.  When they run up to me when I get home from somewhere, she yanks them back as if she doesn't want them to touch me.  I just stand there like... wtf is wrong with this girl.  It was her idea for me to move in in the first place, and now she acts as if she hates me for no reason.  It's just so weird.  I haven't done anything but be a friend to this guy since she broke his heart. 

So!  I've been looking for roommates on craigslist.  I went to meet with this guy after work today, and he turned out to be so creepy that I didn't even get out of my car, I just kept driving when I saw him.  And the house was in a cute neighborhood, but it was the sore thumb on the street.  He had two broken down cars parked in the front yard and and a trailer with some kind of contraption in it, and with grass growing up tall all around it.  Oh... dear god.  One potential roommate crossed off the list, and a few more to go.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'm trying to find a good place soon, so that I can just go ahead and make the big move.  No reason to stick around here and deal with weirdness if I can help it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there----love the colors on your blog!
    Sorry about the loser guy friend----how annoying....

    Visiting over from SITS....have a super day!

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!