Thursday, January 7, 2010

2012... omg.

Ok has anyone been watching Armagedon week on the history channel this week?  It's like a bad car accident, I don't want to look at it but I have to... I simply can't make myself not watch it.  Omg it's freaking me out.  It just keeps talking about all the different ways the world could end in 2012.  I mean they are talking about everything from giant meteors to super volcanoes to talking about how the sun will be directly at the center of our universe which will dramatically change our orbit and all this crazy stuff. 

I personally believe it's all a bunch of hype, or at least I'm telling myself that everytime my heart feels like it's about to beat out of my chest thinking that it could all actually be over soon.  But they're talking so much about Nostradamus and his predictions and prophecies, and they keep reciting so many of his different Quatrains (his book of prophecies).  They talk about how he predicted so many different things, starting with the death of the king during his life time, and even things lik the JFK shooting and Clinton's adultery.  They of course have said that he predicted 9/11.  But don't you think that if these predictions were actually already there plain as day that we would have done something about it in advance?  That's just where I think it's all a hoax of some sort.  People read up on his predictions and then after an event happens, they compare his words to what happened, and a lot of it really could have been talking about anything.  Nothing is ever clear, and further more the date in 2012 doesn't ever appear in his writings.  I think that people as a whole are just looking to believe in something that is beyond their own understanding.  That's not to say that something couldn't happen, but I just think that they're making a bigger deal over this than their maybe needs to be. 

If ya'll have been watching these shows, you'd know what I'm talking about.  It all just seems to be so much for shock value.  I mean they are going all out, thinking up every possible scenario that could damage or extinguish our earth.  Of course all of these things could happen, most of them already have happened hundreds of thousands of years ago. 

I'm not at all saying that because I don't fully believe it that it can't be real, but I just think people listen too much without thinking on their own.  It just all seems to be so dramatic.  It all is very interesting to watch, and I'm definitely interested to hear new developments on the whole doomsday issue, but there's just still this big voice in my head saying...  Come on!  Calm down, take a seat. 

What do you all think about it all?

3 comments:

  1. Another reason I am ok with not having cable TV...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I completely feel your pain. Numerous newspaper articles and TV programmes have, however, spurred me into researching for myself, so that I can sleep at night.

    For a start, I know Nostradamus predicted the end of the world in 1999. He did. Everyone was talking about it and he was wrong. There's only so many times a prophet can get things wrong before he's not acutally a prophet anymore.

    PLUS the Mayan thing is also, apparently, just one interpretation of a really vague text, which the documentary channels have hyped up.

    As for volcanoes, shifting orbits, and meteors. I hadn't thought of that. THANKS. I won't sleep for a week now.

    Sorry for the long comment - I think I was a bit too excited about finding someone with a similar fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha SORRYYYY! I didn't mean to freak you out even more!!

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!