So my sister and I haven't been getting along at all. She's younger than me, she's just turned 22 last October. We actually haven't ever really gotten along, not as much as I would have liked. When we were young, she always annoyed me. She would always get me in trouble with mom for not including her in things, typical little sister stuff, I guess that's pretty common. But as we've gotten older, she still has the 'baby of the family' mentality, and my parents are continuing to baby her. My dad especially.
But anyway, she's making a lot of really bad decisions with her life. She's just continuing to be extremely irresponsible with her life in so many different ways. She's lying to everything and just telling anyone who will listen exactly what they need to hear to 'take her side' and make her feel better about what she's doing. It's become such a downward spiral, and no one even knows what to do anymore to help her to just grow up and start taking some responsibility. She expects my parents and me to just pick up her pieces and isn't ever even grateful for us doing something for her. For example, she parked her car in a resident's parking spot at her new apartment before she had the sticker on her car. There was a guest parking spot about 5 spots down, but she didn't want to have to walk that far. So of course, her car got towed overnight, and guess who had to pay for it? I did, $125 that she just fully expected me to just hand over. She demanded it by saying that she needed it that day or the next day it would be an additional $125. I told her she needed to ask dad for the money, and she said she was scared to call him because he was already mad at her. I asked her why, and she said because her license is suspended. That's just to start.
When her boyfriend drover her to my house to pick up the money (which she was highly pissed off that I couldn't bring it to her, didn't matter that I had a client on her way to my house) she burst in the front door and started yelling "Kelly! I need the money, hurry up! And I left my coat here last time, get my coat!" I was mortified, since everyone in the house heard her. She's so rude and demanding and she didn't even say thank you when I handed her the money. I'm just so over her rudeness.
Anyway, Christmas rolls around, and we make nice in front of our relatives, and even had a good time. Well she was flashing her camera all night and she took a bunch of pictures of all of us, cousins and so on. Well, a few of the pictures that she took of me, well they were really bad. Really bad angles or lighting... and I told her to delete them. Well instead of deleting them, she posted them all on facebook and tagged me in them. When I saw them, I was almost in tears. I'm not overly self conscious, but I'm not too excited about my body right now, and it's like these pictures made me look even 10 times worse than I actually look, and she knew it too. So I untagged myself, and wrote her a short and sweet email saying 'ok, no more tagging me in pictures on facebook unless I ok it first. Some of those pics were really horrible and you should know which ones I'd want posted on here. thank you.' Her reply: Well Kelly, by now you might know that I don't give a shit.
I don't even know why it's gotten so bad between us, and why she thinks that it's ok to talk to anyone like that, much less her own sister, the person that has always been there for her. I've gotten her out of so many problems, I even got her a job at my salon about a year ago, which turned out to be a horribly embarrassing fiasco for me. She didn't last 2 days.
So now my mom is wanting us to have a family meeting or something. I'm pretty much to the point where I don't want to have anything to do with her anymore, but I've agreed to have a sit down with her and my mom and my cousin to see what is going on with her. But this will be my last attempt at trying to have an actual relationship with her, after this it'll be up to her to come to me and try to smooth things over. I just think that it's ridiculous that it's coming to this, when I haven't done anything but help her, and she just acts like I'm the enemy. Not sure yet when we're having the meeting, but I'm sure I'll have much to write about when it happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!