I'm not going to sit here and feel sorry for myself. I just moved to Richmond! This is my life! Damnit!
SquirtyB is playing the tough love card and tellin me that I need to stop. I do have friends here and I could have none, you're right.
And I texted Joy that I've been here for 4 days and that my gf and I are already probably done. And she said 'well fuck it babe, you got a whole new city to play in!' haha. PERFECT response. Totally made me laugh.. and it's true. I just did this big thing that I've been wanting to do for years, to move away from home. And I should be embracing it, instead of being upset because my start here is a little different than I thought it would be. Joy reminded me that I didn't move here for her, and said that I'm an easy friend maker and talented, and the city is 'mine!' lol. And I talked to my mom this morning, who I hadn't talked to since I moved here. She said really similar things basically, and it helps to hear that same thing from a few different people. It kinda reinforces it in my head. I'm gonna be ok. This isn't what I expected, but I am here now, and I moved here for my fresh start. This life is only what I make it, so I need to MAKE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!