So I'm learning really fast that I already need to find another part time job. I've gotten two paychecks from the coffee shop and both of them were dramatically less than I had expected. After talking to a few of the girls there, they all said that they're all having paycheck issues, and when they try to talk to the boss lady about it, she gets really defensive and says that we must not be clocking in and out properly (bullshit). I'm already having trouble with scheduling... she always gives me pretty much the opposite of what we had originally discussed while I was being hired... so that is cutting into my hair client time. I'm just going to look for another job... my sole reason for taking this job is to make some extra money so that I can save up a good amount before moving. If I'm not even getting a paycheck for all of my hours working, then what's the point? I just don't want to have to deal with this shit every two weeks.
On the upside of my weekend :)... New Girl came to see me. My parents were out of town for 5 days, so New Girl (we'll call her S) and I looked at our work schedules and decided that she could come here on Sunday and stay through Monday. We hadn't even decided this until just the night before, so I was in a frenzy getting the place ready.. cleaning my room, washing my sheets, shaving my legs hehe... all the while she is laughing at me over the phone saying 'I hope you don't expect me to deep clean my place when you come here!! I'd rather you just see the real me, the slob.' She chuckled. She also sent me pictures of her room, and she's really not that bad, but again, I like that she's honest about who she is. And after dating someone who thought that even every bobby pin should have its place, I have much more in common with someone who is not so uptight. But I also can't wait to go to her place so that I can help her get organized. She just moved into this place a couple months ago, and she still has some stuff in boxes haha.
During the previous week, I had told S that she could earn a massage from me only by payment of kisses. Since we hadn't had a first kiss on the first date, I figured that was fair, and an excuse for her to kiss me. Yes, I have an agenda, lol. So when she got here, we both discovered that we were still just as nervous and giddy around each other as we had been during the first date, even after talking on the phone pretty constantly for almost 2 weeks since our first date. She already knew she was gonna be shy and nervous still, but I had actually thought that I'd be ok. Yeah... I was still nervous lol. It's such a good nervous though.
I surprised her by making avocado egg rolls from scratch (her favorite). I waited for her to get here before we went to the store to get the ingrediants together. We had both never actually bought avocados from the store, so she pulled out her iphone and looked up 'how to tell if an avocado is ripe'. It was pretty hilarious actually... it told us to put the avocado in the palm of your hand, and squeeze to see if it is firm or if the skin is loose. It told us that it should feel like you're pressing down on your own palm, so we both pressed on each others palms and squeezed a bunch of avocados while giggling uncontrollably like little girls. It probably was more fun for us than it is for you to read this, but it was pretty silly. She just makes me giggle :). We went back to my place and I started prepping the food while we both had a few beers. I was one ahead of her at first, but she caught up fast, and it turned into a game of 'I win.' We actually turn a lot of things into that haha. So when she had finished one of her beers before me, she started making her way to the fridge to pull out another one, but I stepped in front of her so I could try to finish mine so that we'd be even again. Wellllll.. my plan worked, even more so than I'd hoped. Instead of trying to get past me, she glided in for a kiss... and it was perfect. :) It was definitely the best first kiss I've had in a long time. I got instant butterflies all over.
I'll write more later, I need to get to sleep. But I'm really enjoying myself with her, and getting to know her. It feels like there's no pressure, and it feels natural. Good weekend :)
Sounds promising! I'm a bit jealous, of the excitement and fun of the early days. God, I sound so bitter and old!
ReplyDeleteOh, new relationships! So giddy and full of so much fun.
ReplyDelete