Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bloggerstock!!! Do-overs.

Before I begin, I want to give some background on what Bloggerstock is and why I've hijacked StarGazer's blog. I found out about Bloggerstock through 20sb.net (a great place for a beginning blogger, btw). Basically it's blog-swapping but on a big scale. It introduces you to tons of great blogs out there, some of which you would miss in the vastness of the net. If you want some exposure as well as some new things for your feed, check it out!

I'll be honest, when I saw the theme of this month's post, do-overs, regrets, etc, I didn't even know where to begin.  There are few big moments that I regret in my life.  I really do believe that all the colossal f-ups I've committed have made me a better person.  We truly do learn more in the hard times than the easy.

Instead it's little moments that I regret.  Things that wouldn't have changed the coarse of history, but would have made life just a little easier:

  • I would have come up with something charming and blow-breaking to say to my friend who told me he loved me, instead of answering with five minutes of silence.
  • I would never have tried roller bladeing: chain-link fences and soft-fleshy bits don't mix well.
  • I wouldn't have gone to see Linkin Park live.
  • I would have eaten more vegetables as a child.
  • I wouldn't have tried dating two guys at once.
  • I would have called my mom more often when I moved away.
  • I would have gotten a big, floppy hat much sooner.
I'm sure there's countless others.  Those small moments that are insignificant, but still make up what we truly think of as life.

If you want a really interesting story (one way better than my little list), check out what That Ain't Kosher has as her regret on my blog Cerebral Lunchbox.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Blog Sara and I think the littles do seriously impact the bigs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Now, I'm going to see a movie tonight before it becomes an "I would have.." in the future..:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I would have gotten a big, floppy hat much sooner."

    haha, that is an awesome do over moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I like your list. The line about soft fleshy bits and chain-link fences made my vajayjay ache. Yowch!

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!