MJ's asleep in her room 20 ft away from me, and I'm needing my sleep schedule to sync with hers! But for now I'll write, and reflect on this past weekend and week.
Since moving back in with my mom, I had to find a temporary home for my kitty baby Adalie elsewhere, at a good friend's house, until I was able to take her back again. Well MJ said that she'd be happy to go ahead and move her up to her house, so we made that move last weekend. The 4 hour drive here actually was fine, I had been worried that she wouldn't be able to calm down since she doesn't like car rides. I gave her a teensy bit of children's benadryl to calm her down before the ride, and it worked like a charm for about 2 hours. As soon as it wore off, she happened to hear me talking to MJ on the phone and she started meowing like crazy. I stuck my hand in her kitty carrier and she charged out of there, and plopped herself down right on my lap. She had no interest in roaming around the car, she just wanted to be near me. It was so cute, she layed there still and fell asleep for a good hour and a half. When we got to MJ's, she explored the place for a while, and started loving on MJ right from the start. She had two days being the only pet in the house, MJ's mom had her dog for the weekend, but brought her home sunday night. Yeah... they're still in the process of getting used to each other lol. Her dog Haley chases Adalie around, so it's slow going for them to actually be calm around each other, but it's getting a little better everyday. I'm so happy she's here though :-).
Last night MJ and I were up til about 4am. We went to bed around 11 actually, but we had a really long, really important talk. We got everything out about things that were 'bothering' us (so to speak), but more or less just wanting to be on the same page about us and where we're headed and stuff like that. There's actually not really anything that is an actual bother, but more of just the adjustment period i guess. But I'm just so happy that we're able to talk about things. Of course there is still a lot that we're learning about each other, but I've just never been in a relationship where there was so much respect for each other coming from both sides. It's just so refreshing on a daily basis, and I'm still amazed at how easily and naturally it's all happening. I'm really jsut so happy with her, and with the idea of the life we could have together. I'll admit, she's definitely being the more responsible one with us, and she's keeping me grounded, and I appreciate that. She's 7 years older than me (which is something I joke her for relentlessly haha), so at this point I'm happy just letting her take the reins and lead us, and I know I'll get my way in the end, which is to just be happy with someone. I really think she could be the one, and if she isn't, then I'll be crushed, but happy to know that I've at least found it is that I've been looking for. It's just flat out nice to have faith again. And of course, the amazing sex doesn't hurt none either ;-)
We decided I should stay the week this week, since Adalie is here for the first time, and I scheduled my appointments at home to not start until Thursday evening. I've been exploring the area on my own the past couple days while MJ is at work. I've found the cutest little coffee shop, and the girl at the counter was so sweet, with red hair and purple eye shadow. She could for sure be my new best friend and I could for sure work in that cute little coffee shop if I move here hehe. MJ chuckled as I told her of my findings when she got home.
Sweet dreams everyone, I'm gonna go lay with my honey.
Just gonna say it again... I am soooo happy for you!
ReplyDelete