Tuesday, December 8, 2009

WELL HELLO!!!

My goodness, it's been a long time since I've written on here, but I figure now is a great time to make an update. 

Life is GREAT for me right now. 

I've made some really tough decisions in the past couple months, and all of them have turned out to be the right choice.  I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to get up in the morning these days.

Decision number one-I kicked that girl i was seeing to the curb.  She was just too crazy for me.  Too hot and cold.  Too...  oh who cares, she's gone and I feel sane again lol.  I know I always try to see the good in people, and I really do let too much fly based on that good, I need to learn to actually acknowledge the reasons why I'm not compatible with someone else. 

Decision number two-I decided to move.  It was actually a little spur of the moment, but I had had it with my old roommate, and his dogs.  Long list short, I was finding my shoes chewed up, finding piles of poop in my room, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, and he stopped coming home, started staying with a new girl he was dating who was allergic to his dogs, so they became my responsibility.  I finally told him, ok I'm looking for another place to live.  He told me to do what I had to do.  So I started looking that day, emailed like 15 people on craigslist, and ended up moving in with the first person I met.  Best decision I could have made, I love it here in the new house.  It's a big 2 story CLEAN house, with a big backyard.  I've turned the garage that she wasn't using into my art studio where I do all of my painting.  I've never actually had a studio, it's always just been painting in my living room on my coffee table.  It's so awesome!  I love my new roommate, Sheri.  She's a little crazy and loud, but in a good way.  We get along great.  She's 42 and is so full of energy, I usually can't keep up with her. We've become very close, she actually said the nicest thing to me the other day, "my life has gotten so much better lately, and a big part of that is because of you."  How sweet!  We also have another new roommate that just moved in a week ago, he took the third bedroom.  Sheri's boyfriend also is in the process of moving in.  He's really quiet and calm, the total opposite of Sheri haha.  We also have 4 cats (including my one kitten) and one dog.  All together, we make a happy family.  I feel really settled and comfortable here.  And another good thing is that my old roommate and I are still friends, and are getting along great, we apparently just can't live together lol. 

Decision number three-After working in a beautiful high end salon with people that I love for 3 years, I decided that it was time to leave the salon.  I've been struggling with money for some time, not making any money there, and after doing hair for 5 years, I shouldn't be struggling this much.  My bosses had known for sometime that I needed to be making more money, and had given me raises, but it was never enough.  And with the economy these days, I was losing as many clients as I was gaining, and eventually even losing more than I was gaining in the past couple months.  Most people just can't afford to pay high end prices to get their hair done, and I didn't feel comfortable charging my clients prices that I know I would never pay myself.  I came up with a plan to start my own business, doing hair on the road!  haha, I mean going to people's homes to do their hair.  I got ultra organized, made flyers to hand out, let some of my clients know about the change, and made business cards.  Btw, if you need to make your own business cards, go to vistaprints.com to make them.  I got an insane amount of cards and spent next to nothing.  Anyway, after getting a good amount of appointments set up so I'd know I had money to fall back on after quiting the salon, it was time to tell the bosses that I was leaving.  I pretty much didn't sleep for the few days leading up to the date I had picked to tell them, I was so nervous.  These people have been my second family for 3 years.  We've spent holidays together, I've cried to them about bad relationships, I've babysat their kids while they went on vacations, and gone to their kids' sports games.  We're very close.  With shaking fingers, I wrote them a very nice resignation letter, and sat them down in the office to give it to them.  As soon as I said the words that I had decided to leave the salon, I burst into tears, and so did my boss Angie.  It was quite a sight the two of us lol, I ended up sobbing so much that I could barely speak to explain my reasons.  Angie just grabbed me and gave me the biggest hug, and ended up having to leave the office because she couldn't watch me cry anymore lol.  How dramatic, I know!  Sorry, I can be a bit of a crybaby lol.  Anyway, the next day, Angie called me into the office (I was working out my two weeks notice).  She told me that she loved me, started crying again, and said that she couldn't bare the thought of not seeing me all the time, and asked me if I'd like to work in the salon one day a week, just as a sub contractor.  Said that technically I won't be working for them, and they'd just give me 60% commission on any clients that I do.  Can you believe that?  I couldn't ask for a better deal.  I get to be self employed, set my own schedule, and I get to keep them in my life, and keep a foot in the salon that I love.  I just really couldn't have played this out better in my head, couldn't have asked for anything better.  So I started this schedule this week, I'll be working in the salon only on thursdays, and I only go in if I have clients on the book, and I go to people's houses to do their hair every other day.  I already have quite a few of my clients spreading the word for me, and quite a few leads.  I'm so excited!!!!

Another plus, I've started talking to this new girl, her name is Stephanie.  It's still very new, but it's already scary how much we have in common.  I always seem to get involved with people I have nothing in common with, so this is good so far.  We haven't even met yet, she actually lives about 3 hours away, but she seems like a total sweetheart, and she's really cute too, she's just my type.  She thinks the same of me, and told me that when she thinks about what kinda girl she wants for the long term, I seem to be fitting the mold exactly so far.  I think we're both careful not to get ahead of ourselves too, which is nice, I like moving at a nice even pace, not racing to the alter, and not moving so slow that I don't hear from them for days.  So, we'll see how this goes, I hope to be meeting her soon and getting to know her better. 

On top of everything, I just made an amazing dinner for the 'family' here.  It was deeeeeeelicioussssss, and my roommate sheri has now professed her undying love for me lol.  Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have made some great changes! Sooo when are you doing my hair and you need to tell me more about this new chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been incredibly busy. Happy to read you've been making such positive changes in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!