Saturday, December 12, 2009

Paintinggg

So I finished this painting a couple weeks ago.  I had put an ad on craigslist for my paintings, and that I was looking for new work if someone was interested... and this guy emailed me back that day and said he had been looking for a local artist to do 3 pieces for him.  This was the first of 3:

First...  let me say that I am a wee 5'1.  this painting is almost as big as I am, to the point where it was difficult to get from one place to the next.  it's 36in by 48in.  Biggest painting I've ever done. Here's a close up of her face (keep in mind that this face is way bigger than an actual human face!)
 It took me a total of 32 hours to complete it.  He sent me a picture of what he wanted, and I did it, adding a touch of my own in places here and there.  It's a 'Dia de los Muertos' painting, and when I was all finished, it was difficult to let go of.  So far, this has been my 'Mt. Everest' of paintings, and when you spend that much time with something, creating something, and putting your heart and soul into it, it becomes a part of you.  It wasn't even really my style, but it didn't matter in the end.  I love it.  and best of all, he LOVED IT.  And i loved the super big payout that I got for it hehe.  And now I'm totally excited because since he's seen what I can do, he has all these other ideas for the two other paintings, and it's gonna be awesome.  I can't even tell you how much satisfaction you get out of getting paid to do what you really love.  It's an amazing feeling.  And I'm starting to feel really great about my abilities and where they're going to take me.  I feel so completely blessed and lucky, even if I'm not religious haha.

Here's another one I did last month, this was for a client of mine, and she loved it too.

This one's a little smaller, only 28in by 34in (or close to that i think).  The texture on it is paper mache, and crushed seashells.  The purple was done because it's her nephew that has Hodgkin's Lymphoma (I talked about him in a previous post, Shae), and purple is the awareness color for it.  She's redecorating her house, and quite a few rooms have a lot of purple in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!