Monday, December 21, 2009

boop boop be doop

I apologize for the weird titles, I just was thinking about how I always have so much to say, but i have the hardest time labeling and tittling i mean titling (teehee) my posts.  I don't know why.  I have the same issue with my paintings.  The painting process usually just pours out of me, but when it comes to titling the piece when I'm all done, I've had to frequently ask friends, 'so, what would you name this?  help me out!'

That little rant was not at all what I came here to say.  I'm quite smitten with how things are going right now.  It's christmas!!  I can't believe it's already here.  This year has been rough on me, but looking back, it's been a great year for learning and growing.  I got through it all, and came out great.  Looking back, it doesn't even seem like it was ever that bad.  It could have always been worse, and I'm very thankful for my health and for the health and safety of those I love.  It could always be worse, and I sometimes feel bad for complaining, when I know that others have it 10, 20, 30 times worse than I do.  But we all have our moments of 'woe is me' and I'm just thankful to have gotten through mine.  My year is closing up rather well, and I'm excited to start a new year, with all of my new decisions, my new career choices, new home, and maybe even a new great girl.  Great girl.  C. 

In my last post, I had talked about a new girl, but like so many others, she quickly turned out to be not for me.  Luckily just a couple days later, I started talking to this girl C.  From the very beginning, we've pretty much agreed on everything.  We seem to have so much in common that at times it's rather scary, and we both keep saying that we're just waiting for something to happen, cuz it almost seems to good to be true.  We haven't met yet, but I can safely say that I don't think I've ever enjoyed getting to really know someone as much as I do with her.  We'll frequently have phone conversations that easily last 4 to 6 hours before we even know it.  We just can't stop talking.  I really enjoy listening to her and hearing about her life stories, and for some crazy reason, she's just as eager to listen to me ramble on and on.  We're planning to meet the day after christmas, this saturday coming up.  She lives about 3 hours north, and I'll be going up there for the weekend.  At times, just like any other 'blind date', I get nervous thinking that maybe there won't be a spark or something...  just normal wonderings I guess, but I honestly feel like we know each other so well it feels like we've already met kinda.  Weird I know, but I just already feel so comfortable with her.  And we've already said that in some weird alternate universe, if we happen to not be as great a match as we're thinking we are, at least we've gotten a new great friend out of it.  I've just really enjoyed talking to her, finally finding someone that i have so much in common with, and so many of the same ideals about life.  so.... wish me luck next weekend.

Oh wowwwwww, I just got a call from an old friend that moved to New Orleans a while ago, with news that he's moving back here.  I'm soooo excited!!  I can't wait to see him, that kid would have me rolling he was so funny.  Great news!

Oh, and may I just say that I hate the new Target christmas commercials.  I think that all of them are weird and awkward and just all really horribly written.  I just hate them and they make me clench my teeth everything they come on lol.  Worst commercials ever. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok I need to vent!!! I have this really great friend and she lives about 20 mins from me and I never see her but want to hang out with her and talk!!!!!! Ok I am done now, can you please pencil me scratch that Sharpie me into your date book to talk?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with new, new girl! You are a brave soul!

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!