Friday, July 30, 2010

Coffee shop love :)

So I am really REALLY excited to say that I got a new job, and I'm starting tomorrow.  :)

I had said that I was gonna start that other extrememly part time job previously this week.  Well that didn't happen.  I got ridiculously sick the night before I was about to start.  Apparently my friends and I were passing around some kind of stomach virus, and it had me up getting sick all night, and some the next day.  I was dizzy and weak for about 2 days.  Yeah, was lots of fun.  So anyway, Wed morning I had a client (that I definitely didn't wanna get outta bed for, was still not back to 100% awesomeness) but I did anyway.  I love this guy.  He's the CEO of the financial planning firm that I'm working with, he's absolutely hilarious, and he always wants me to come to his office to cut his hair.  So 9am wed morning, that's where I was.  Everytime I go to cut his hair, I go into this adorable little coffee shop that's a couple blocks away when I'm done.  Everytime I've been in there, I've asked if they're hiring, and the girl working behind the counter would always say she didn't know but that the owner wasn't there, so I should come back in a couple weeks.  Well THIS TIME!  The owner was there, and she was this little asian lady who was up working with the girl, and she's pregnant.  One of the customers who I assume is a regular said 'what are you doing working!!  you should be off your feet!" and the owner said that she'd had 3 girls leave and that she's having to pick up the slack.  Well I immediately yelled out "well are you hiring?????" with a big smile, and the girl handed me an application.  I started filling it out right there while they made my coffee drink and breakfast sandwich.  The girl brought me my drink with a smile, and as I finished up my application my sandwich was ready.  I was originally going to get it to go, but I sat down and ate it there, just in case the owner wanted to talk to me then.  When all the other customers had left, the owner looked over my app and started asking me questions from behind the counter.  "So you've started your own business then?"  and i told her about my hair and art stuff.  She then came over and sat with me, we talked for about another 5 minutes, and she hired me on the spot :).  "How soon can you start??"  hehe... I start tomorrow morning. 

Yes I know this might not sound like a huge deal to you, but you just don't understand my love of coffee shops.  I eventually want to open my own coffee shop in some small town somewhere, so I've been wanting to get back into a coffee shop to get around it again, so I can start relearning the business of it.  And this place is so cute...  I'll have to post pictures.  My most favorite job ever was working in a coffee shop.  I'm.  Just.  So.  Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On an even better note, this week has been really good for my hair business.  Even with my sickyness, I got a total of 5 new clients this week.  This is huge!  I had 4 new clients last week.  All of my new clients have loved their hair, I've even gotten a couple of emails thanking me for such a good job, and how much they just love it.  A few are passing out flyers for me, and everyone's just been really supportive.  I really feel like things are finally on the way up, and life is just getting better and better.  Maybe that tarot card reading was right!  Or maybe it just gave me the boost that I needed :)  yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!