Friday, February 11, 2011

Life is good.

Forizzle.  So the girls at the salon are really growing on me.  I was smiling on my way home from work today and then started giggling at myself, giggling because I was smiling.  I was smiling because I was thinking about some things that had happened during the day with some of my coworkers..  and how much I really enjoy their company now.  It took me a little while to get here, it always takes a while to really feel like you fit in to a new group, ya know?  But anyway, I just have so much fun at work.  I've had an insane amount of new clients in my chair... last week was so busy!  I'm already more busy than I was in my old salon, and I've only been here for a little over a month.  I called my dad after getting out of work last Friday, on my way to First Fridays (talk about that later) and I was almost in tears because I was so happy, and it was just so great to say that I know that this was the best decision I've ever made, moving to Richmond.  He was even telling me to slow down cuz I was so excited and probably yelling into the phone hehe.  Last saturday, I was so busy with clients that I had to come in an hour early, left an hour late, and didn't even have time to eat during the day.  I was exhausted, but I LOVED IT! 

I went to my first First Fridays last weekend.  Every first Friday of the month, they do an art walk through downtown Richmond.  All of the art galleries open up at night and showcase local artists, play live music, and serve snackies.  We got there a little late, cuz I had to work late, and we were waiting on other friends to get outta work too, but I did get to see a few different galleries before they started closing up.  It was so great!  So many different types of art, and some really impressive stuff.  Gave me a few ideas, and just made me happy all around.  I love this kinda stuff!  And they never have stuff like this in the hometown.  We all went out dancing later that night, played some pool and had lots of drinks hehe.  I didn't get in bed that night until 3am, and yes, that was the night before my super busy and early day at the salon.  I kept telling myself "you're 26, you are still young, you can do this" but wow.  I slept for 13 hours the following night, I can't remember the last time I was in bed that early lol.  But it was so worth it, it's great to just have fun again. 

Oh and some really great news!  Our salon has been selected to do hair and make up for Richmond's Fashion Week in April.  We'll be completely in charge of one of the events, which happens to be at the theater that's right next door to our salon.  It's going to be a blast, and going to be really awesome exposure for us!  I've done big events like this before, but mostly for bridal shows, so we'll get to be a lot more artistic with this.  I'm so excited! 

Oh and I work with a gay guy who does drag, and he's planning on being in a drag pageant in a few weeks, and I'm helping him create his costume for when he performs 'memories' from Cats.  OMG his vision is amazing...  you wouldn't believe what these ladies do to make their elaborate costumes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!