Monday, March 21, 2011

A new lesson everyday.

I really do love my life. 

I have a friend who had labeled one of her fb photo albums as just that, and she puts all of her happy smiling pictures into it.  I love that.  I'm so thankful for everything that my life has turned into right now, problems and issues and confusions included.  I feel like all of those things are the things that shape you into who you are.  I am, and I am becoming who I want to be.  And I love that I'm discovering more about myself through all of my experiences. 

Overall, I'm still loving my job.  I had a tender little tift with my boss last week, but it was all pretty much chalked up to a misunderstanding between us, and she was literally singing my praises by the end of the meeting (which lasted almost 2 hours of us just talking) and she then asked me if I was hungry and wanted to get lunch together lol.  The whole situation really just left me chuckling to myself. 

Another thing I really love about my job is all the different people I get to meet.  I get all these new clients in my chair, and for at least half an hour, I get to peek into their worlds.  It's so amazing to be able to come into personal contact with so many different types of people, all going through different lives and different types of things.  It's really opened my eyes to how different we all are. 

Sidebar: my roommates' two birds are totally messing with my cat lol.  I wish I had a video camera right now.  They are in their cage but they are hovering around where she has perched herself right next to them...  I can't even describe it but it's hilarious.  They are all being quiet but it's like they're talking shit to her... like 'try to get me bitch!'  it's so funny!

But yeah...  just yesterday I worked on 5 different people at work.  All of them were new clients to me, and by the end of the day my head was almost spinning from info overload from all of them.  I love that people feel like they can open up to me while I'm doing their hair, even if we've just met.  I hear about so many different relationships, friendships, experiences, judgements on others, judgements on themselves, I just love that I have the privilege of hearing so many different life stories and opinions. 

I've been thinking a lot lately...  thoughts like these have never been in my head before.  I will admit that I have been a judgemental person in the past, sometimes overly.  But I do think that's a part of being a kid, and learning to grow up.  I've realized the one thing that ties us all together...  our search for happiness.  We all have different experiences in life, and we all base our judgements out of our own experiences.  I am learning to be more accepting of other people, and each of our pursuits of happiness.  We have all made stupid decisions, but isn't that what makes us who we are?  I will continue to look back on my life with no regrets, just a growing thirst for experience and knowledge of who I am.  I'm so glad that I chose to move away from the hometown... and I feel like this is just the beginning of my adventure.  I'm feeling more than ever, the need to broaden my horizons and keep taking everything in that I can get my hands on. 

I really do love my life.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I really enjoyed reading it!
    Want to follow each other?
    http://fashuhneestah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!