Friday, January 28, 2011

Richmond is fabulous :)

So it's been a while since I've updated...  but I've been having a blast in my new home-Richmond!  Squirt and I went to see the Hackensaw Boys last weekend, I got pretty wasted and danced all night to banjos and violins and deep southern salt of the earth music :) 

I went on another bad date... it was actually pretty funny.  She and i had emailed a few times before figuring out that she actually was the last person to occupy my bedroom... she moved out of my house a few months before i moved in.  So my roommates were telling me all these things about her, and telling me why she moved out (it wasn't a graceful exit) but being the stubborn girl that I am, I had to meet her anyway, but I was pissed when I met her and realized that my roommates failed to tell me that she looked like she belonged in a biker bar.  For a 26 year old... she looked..  ROUGH.  lol.  Her pics were cute, but wow.  Poor thing.  I had to let her down easy, as she asked what time should we meet up the following day. 

I'm talking to a new girl now, still too soon to tell if something will come of it, but she's sweet as pie, and has gorgeous eyeballs. 

The salon where I'm working is finally starting to feel like home.  It took a while to feel like I was fitting in, but the girls there are really growing on me, and I'm able to open up more now and really be myself with them.  I've come out to the majority of the girls (I had to because one of them was trying to set me up with one of her guy friends lol), came out first to the one gay guy who is adorable, but lazy and whiney (typical gay guy? lol).  I'm also getting at least one client a day, which is really amazing for being in a new salon, much less in a new area.  This one woman whose hair I did today, she gave me two hugs and told me I saved her hehe.  The best part of that, was that she did all of that in front of my boss lol.  I sometimes feel like my boss is watching me...  like in a bad way..  I don't know.  I think that's the one bad part of being back in a salon, working for someone else.  I'm used to having my freedom!!!  But I guess it's not so bad, I just hate feeling like my every move is being watched.  But at least she can see that all of my clients have been happy.  I made up flyers to give to all of my clients, to give to their friends to promote me, and all of them have been happy to take them.  Everyone here has been so supportive!  There is this one really weird guy who works there as a massage therapist (which is amazing to me because there is no way I would ever take my clothes off in the same room as him) who reminds us all of a serial killer.  Like... for real.  He is so creepy.  and I'll be writing more about hiim later...  I already have too many stories about his creepiness.

One of my roommates has been getting on my nerves just a little bit, but it's nothing that I can't handle.  I brought it to her attention, some of the things she had done to IRK me...  and she wasnt exactly understanding about it, actually she made the whole thing worse, and wanted to turn our discussion into an entire day arguement through texting... which is one of the reasons that she gets on my nerves lol.  But we got over it and we're cool, and I gave her a card for her birthday saying that her present would be a movie night with me on me, cuz she always wants to go to the movies but her partner hates going.  She loved it, and i think it made her feel better that I wanted to spend some time with her, just the two of us.  I was closest with her when I first moved in, but have gotten closer with her partner in the meantime.  Lo (the one I'm closer to now) and I just have much more in common... our personalities are similar, and our schedules have made it so that we spend a lot of time together without Lil (the other one) being around.  But anyway, overall I love living here, and 95% of the time, we all get along so well.  We've been having an marathon of "The L Word", starting at the beginning.  I still have never seen the last season, so we're gonna watch it all the way through.  We just started season 3, we watch one or two episodes, 4 or 5 nights a week haha.  It's cute, it's always Lo and me watching it, and when their schedules allow, Lil and the other roommate Crys watch with us. 

I got a kitten, she's 8 months old and the cutest thing ever, omg.  I named her Maizey, and she's become my little baby.  She's super affectionate and playful and adorable.  She sleeps on me, if not next to me, and she attacks my feet when I move them lol.  She follows me around my room, and is still finding her courage to venture out into the house (the roommates have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 birds and 2 lizards, so it's a lot for her to face!) but she goes out every now and then.  But she's so cute...  when I come home from work, she'll usually be up on my bed, and she meows at me like crazy and then rolls over on her back so that I can rub her belly.  She's so pretty too, long hair, mostly grey with a little bit of lighter grey and a few small patches of tan.  She sheds like crazy though lol....  I feel like I have to wash my clothes twice to even be able to wear them once, and I'm having to clean the fur off my bed daily.  It's ok though... she's so precious :)

Ok... enough of an update?  Oh and I had the flu a couple weeks ago... I got so sick that I havent felt that sick since I had mono in high school.  My fever got up to 103.  I still can't get rid of the cough and a little congestion in my chest, and it's almost 2 weeks later... so that's annoying.  But I feel great otherwise. 

Anyway...  I love my new life, and I'm so glad I moved to Richmond.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you just a sweetheart? Thanks for making my day with a comment!!!